Friday, April 29, 2011

The Patriotic Impulse | Life and Art

I haven't really been following the preparations for the nuptials of William and Kate; I have a tendency to get bored by preparations for most social events, although I'm quite happy for the rest of the world to revel in it all. I realised this morning however that it would be exceedingly difficult to not become taken up in the whole thing in some form or another, and I shall be watching it all,  not least because it really is an extraordinarily fascinating social and societal event which says a lot about Britain today.

It has been one of those times in the media where you gather information purely by osmosis. No active concentration is needed. So I'm aware of the guest-list shenanigans, (who's in and who's out) and at least one burning question I did have has now been answered. The Beckhams are there because William got to know David in the attempt to secure the World Cup at some point. Two subsidiary questions remain though. Will David shave for the occasion? And will Victoria smile?

The AbbeyThe Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment