Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Hole in the Heart | Blackbird

Season finales worry me. It's a fact of life and while I'm mostly worried about Hawaii Five- 0, I'm becoming strangely worried about Bones.

I've complained about this season more than any other. I've ranted and raved, and said 'who cares!' But the thing is I do. Yes, I still care.

The thing is, I think this is it.

I think we're drawing near the end, and I don't know what to say about it.

Maybe I'm wrong and next year I'll still be here, ranting, raving and complaining.

Bones started out as a really interesting show. I know it's a  procedural, but was different. By season 2 it hit its stride. It was funny, interesting, and always fresh. I've been rewatching the series and I'm nearing the end of the second. I'm excited for season 3  because I remember that being fantastic too, but I'm dreading going on from there because it dropped so far. Four was decent, five was tolerable. In six there is only one episode worth watching 'Black out in the Blizzard' I have a huge hypothesis on that.

(Mostly it's that my Hodgins is really back. He finally gets to do experiments, he has a friend in the lab with whom to do experiments, and for one brief second I thought he was going to call out 'King of the Lab' before he stopped himself short.)

It was an impressive episode, and the only one in my opinion that was worth watching this season.  So after that taste, I still do want to see where it's going to go. I'm not sure however if my caring is the fact that I really do want the show to continue, or that I'm so addicted that I'm worried my supplier is going to cut me out.

I'm feeling undertones of 'Persuasion' here. They had a moment, maybe a few moments and didn't take it.  So now that time is  passed and here they are again. But is that moment gone forever. Is it too late for what could have been? And part of me  is saying yes.

To consumate anything now would be almost a joke.Six years we've waited and I have to say, I'm done waiting.

So what happens now?

I have a prediction. There are supposed to be 4 episodes left, I would change that to 3. By checking IMDB's episode list the name of the second to last episode "The Hole in the Heart" I would have Bones and Booth consummate their relationship in the next, tonight's episode.  No second thoughts, no regrets. Then the sniper from earlier this season comes back, and figuratively and literally puts a hole in a heart, Booth and Brennan respectively. And Booth goes after the sniper who robbed him of his last chance at happiness.

I think Brennan knew what was coming though. I think she prepared for it. I think she left something for Booth.

Fade to black.

And that's how I would end it. Share this: StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment