Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #7: Heaven's Shadow






This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


My pick for this week is Heaven's Shadow,
by David S. Goyer and Michael Casutt






David S. Goyer & Michael Casutt
Hardcover, 416 pages
Published by Ace
Expected Release Date: July 5, 2011
Genre: Science Fiction


From the Amazon Synopsis


Three years ago, an object one hundred miles across was spotted on a trajectory for Earth's sun. Now, its journey is almost over. As it approaches, two competing manned vehicles race through almost half a million kilometers of space to reach it first. But when they both arrive on the entity, they learn that it has been sent toward Earth for a reason. An intelligent race is desperately attempting to communicate with our primitive species. And the message is: Help us.




This certainly sounds intriguing!
I also think it has a definite Star Trek influence,
and that's enough to get me interested,
since I love the series (the original one, that is)
as much as I love The Twilight Saga!!

Besides, I haven't read any terrific SF
in quite a while.
I've been too busy with YA paranormal romance!

So, this would be a nice change of pace.
Now, just when I'll be able to read it is
another matter entirely...
But it will look nice at the top of
my astronomical TBR pile!


So what book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment