Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lady Gaga Sends Rude Text to Anna Wintour

Lady Gaga Sends Rude Text to Anna Wintour

It wasn't just Lady Gaga's revealing outfit or aqua wig that caused the audience to gasp at Monday night's CFDA Fashion Awards. While accepting the night's Icon Award, the musical maven revealed to the crowd that she had some choice words for Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour when she got the news that she would be honored.

"I can't believe I'm allowed in here," Gaga said, kicking off her speech. "When I was told I won this award, Anna Wintour sent me a text message...She text messages!"

"So she sent me a text message," the 25-year-old pop star continued, "and it said, 'We're so excited to tell you you won the CFDA Fashion Icon Award.' And I actually thought it was Anna Treblin, who was one of my very close friends and (my stylist) Nicola's assistant, who I go out and have drinks with all the time...I have a couple Annas in my phone, so my reply was, 'Yes, bitch, we did it!'"

Whoops! It wasn't until she got Wintour's response that she realized just who had sent the exciting news.

"Quite quickly I got a reply that said, 'How lovely, and we will all be waiting to see what you will wear,'" Gaga said. "And then I thought, 'Well won't you be helping me choose what I will wear?' And then I said, 'Oh! It's Anna Wintour.'"

So, maybe Gaga would have approached her reply a bit differently if she knew who she was talking to. But isn't her candor what we love about her? She's who she is and makes no apologies for it -- just like Wintour. In fact, the Vogue editrix can probably relate to having no need for mincing words!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/lady-gaga-sends-rude-text-anna-wintour/1-a-356152

Gwen Stefani Halle Berry Hayden Panettiere Haylie Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment