Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Day New Stupid Deal « Soggy Situations

As a guy on his computer all the time I find myself looking for those stupid deals.  I seem to have a soft spot for audio plug-ins and virtual instruments, including guitar amp simulators.  I have Eleven, McDSP's Chrome Tone LE, along with the amps and effects loaded into Logic Pro.  Now I have Line 6′s POD Farm.

I'm always in the market to try out new toys when they are Stupid Deal's.  This item came my way via MusiciansFriend for $35, which I thought was a pretty crazy or stupid, if you will, deal.  The software I received was POD Farm 1 but upon registering you can upgrade to POD Farm 2 for free.  I thought that was a pretty nice bonus, what would be even better is if I had the $200 to upgrade to the Platinum version.  I'll hold off on that upgrade until I'm making some money with it and that upgrade can pay for itself.  For now I am very happy with the combinations I can get for $35.  I don't have any POD hardware but I can go directly with my MBox2 or through my ART MPA GOLD preamp.  I have yet to put much time into playing with the plug-in but from what I have done I found the interface to be very friendly.  It's so easy to switch through everything and just drag and drop to add to your signal chain.  Then you can quickly set the amount of 'room' and switch your microphone.  I've quickly read through the manual but as someone who is familiar with similar plug-ins this one is a no brainer, which is always nice to free up the creativity.

Keep Distorted

Nathan Digg Email Print StumbleUpon Facebook Reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment