dilbert_cal
03-20 02:36 AM
Moral of this thread :-
All Desi Consulting companies are Fraud
which in turn implies
All Desis are Fraud. <---- Nope , Will Not say that because it includes Me :-)
alright, let me try again
All Consulting companies are Fraud <--- But hey there are so many which are not Fraud
Hmmmm, Confused. Alright, Did I hear there are exceptions. No, my dear. We got it the wrong way here. Fact is
Some Consulting Companies Do Subvert the Law and/or take Advantage of folks on H1. *
One or more of them are owned by Indians. ( commonly called desi by Indians )
One or more of them are not owned by Indians.
Where does the More End ? A small percentage, a big chunk, average ??? There is no study which has been done on the same. We all see it in the perception we hold. And when it comes to negativity, we tend to exaggerate. ( Or maybe we dont and I've a wrong perception )
* Non-consulting companies also do take advantage of H1b folks if possible - dont think I've to give examples of the same.
I dont work for a desi company. But I've quite a few friends who work for Desi firms - most of them are happy and have been treated nice and fair. A small number had issues. This is my experience. Certainly not something which makes me identify with the rest of the sentiments.
As per Logiclife, unpaid period on bench is a certainty. No my dear. Thats an exaggeration.
How many of us..................
Well, I thought of writing more but who am I telling this to and why ?
Rants over - time to get back to my life. I've got something else to finish which I know will bring me more flames but possibly help this organization too and that matters more. Flame me as much as you want to for being the odd man out in the thread ( there are others too - not that I'm the only one ) but possibly I wont even come back to this thread to read the flames :-)
All Desi Consulting companies are Fraud
which in turn implies
All Desis are Fraud. <---- Nope , Will Not say that because it includes Me :-)
alright, let me try again
All Consulting companies are Fraud <--- But hey there are so many which are not Fraud
Hmmmm, Confused. Alright, Did I hear there are exceptions. No, my dear. We got it the wrong way here. Fact is
Some Consulting Companies Do Subvert the Law and/or take Advantage of folks on H1. *
One or more of them are owned by Indians. ( commonly called desi by Indians )
One or more of them are not owned by Indians.
Where does the More End ? A small percentage, a big chunk, average ??? There is no study which has been done on the same. We all see it in the perception we hold. And when it comes to negativity, we tend to exaggerate. ( Or maybe we dont and I've a wrong perception )
* Non-consulting companies also do take advantage of H1b folks if possible - dont think I've to give examples of the same.
I dont work for a desi company. But I've quite a few friends who work for Desi firms - most of them are happy and have been treated nice and fair. A small number had issues. This is my experience. Certainly not something which makes me identify with the rest of the sentiments.
As per Logiclife, unpaid period on bench is a certainty. No my dear. Thats an exaggeration.
How many of us..................
Well, I thought of writing more but who am I telling this to and why ?
Rants over - time to get back to my life. I've got something else to finish which I know will bring me more flames but possibly help this organization too and that matters more. Flame me as much as you want to for being the odd man out in the thread ( there are others too - not that I'm the only one ) but possibly I wont even come back to this thread to read the flames :-)
wallpaper Les Paul Standard. 2010
grinch
02-27 07:14 AM
Aw great work man!
I love it, I'm sure it'll be one of the top renders!
I love it, I'm sure it'll be one of the top renders!
Jaime
09-10 12:54 PM
There are thousands
2011 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS
frostrated
07-13 09:20 AM
when is the next 485 pending inventory report due?
more...
virald
07-18 09:38 AM
Do you know if these applications were send back right away or they are still holding it?
Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?
From Greg Siskind's blog
His Comments --
I think all of the July 2nd to July 17th filers will be okay and should get the benefit of the earlier filing, but USCIS simply has not spelled out how they'll handle and also how people incorrectly rejected at the very beginning will be able to reclaim their place in line. That's the mystery at this point.
AND
I was actually the one to report that cases were being held at the service centers and this was because of a first hand account from someone actually at the service center. But I was told that some applications were, in fact, rejected before word came down from HQ that cases were to be held until further instructions were issued.
Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?
From Greg Siskind's blog
His Comments --
I think all of the July 2nd to July 17th filers will be okay and should get the benefit of the earlier filing, but USCIS simply has not spelled out how they'll handle and also how people incorrectly rejected at the very beginning will be able to reclaim their place in line. That's the mystery at this point.
AND
I was actually the one to report that cases were being held at the service centers and this was because of a first hand account from someone actually at the service center. But I was told that some applications were, in fact, rejected before word came down from HQ that cases were to be held until further instructions were issued.
Googler
04-29 01:00 AM
Opened my email this morning to see the card production ordered email (time stamp in my inbox reads 2:15 am PST 4/23/08); the approval date was 4/23/08. I opened the mailbox at home this evening and to my complete surprise -- the physical card! Sudden burst of efficiency at USCIs, 6 days from approval to actual delivery of card.
Good luck to everyone else!
Good luck to everyone else!
more...
SFSweta
09-10 02:43 PM
So there you have it - no vote on the bill today...
I don't get it guys - what's up with this country - is this really what it's come down? Give me your tired, your poor - but DEFINITELY don't give me your talented, your educated and your promising. Because really - what are we going to do with people who actually pay taxes, contribute to the community and help bring prosperity.
We would love to have just your best cotton-pickers...this is just a little disappointing - and yet I ask, what should we do now? We have 2 months to go - it's time to make a HUGE difference...
I don't get it guys - what's up with this country - is this really what it's come down? Give me your tired, your poor - but DEFINITELY don't give me your talented, your educated and your promising. Because really - what are we going to do with people who actually pay taxes, contribute to the community and help bring prosperity.
We would love to have just your best cotton-pickers...this is just a little disappointing - and yet I ask, what should we do now? We have 2 months to go - it's time to make a HUGE difference...
2010 Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard
widad2020
01-16 04:37 PM
Good one man. I can see myself while reading your story.
more...

tooclose
07-13 09:47 AM
Thanks...Excerpt from the same document
Only persons with a priority date earlier than a cut-off date are entitled to allotment of a visa number. The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)
Source please... or are you just kidding ?
Only persons with a priority date earlier than a cut-off date are entitled to allotment of a visa number. The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)
Source please... or are you just kidding ?
hair 2010 NEW les paul standard
gunabcd
07-13 10:57 PM
http://www.murthy.com/chertoff_murthy.html
July 12, 2007
VIA FEDERAL EXPRESS
Michael Chertoff, Esq.
Secretary
Department of Homeland Security
RE: USCIS Decision to Reject I-485 Filings
Dear Mr. Chertoff:
continue
Looks like "Jbpvisa" wanted to win the race of posting this article first, and he/she mis-spelled "Murthy" as Murphy. recently somebody came up with a "Secret News.." which was actually his own far fetched fantasy. I don't understand why some people are so thrilled about throwing around sensational sounding posts ? Isn't that similar to creating a chain email hoax?
July 12, 2007
VIA FEDERAL EXPRESS
Michael Chertoff, Esq.
Secretary
Department of Homeland Security
RE: USCIS Decision to Reject I-485 Filings
Dear Mr. Chertoff:
continue
Looks like "Jbpvisa" wanted to win the race of posting this article first, and he/she mis-spelled "Murthy" as Murphy. recently somebody came up with a "Secret News.." which was actually his own far fetched fantasy. I don't understand why some people are so thrilled about throwing around sensational sounding posts ? Isn't that similar to creating a chain email hoax?
more...
pcs
08-03 01:39 PM
This guy is the root cause of our problem. Else, we would have got our provisions in Dec'05
DO NOT CONTACT HIM
I REPEAT DO NOT CONTACT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT CONTACT HIM
I REPEAT DO NOT CONTACT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hot Epiphone Les Paul Standard
EkAurAaya
09-26 10:09 AM
I sent an email too and asked the editor to contact info@immigrationvoice.org for more information on why the rally was conducted (to clear up backlog of already filed petitions for green cards and not h1b increase)
more...
house les paul, gibson, music
spicy_guy
07-12 05:56 PM
:)Anything can be done without an attorney....the issue arises if USCIS or DOl comes back with a question. Best thing is to put in some money, pay an attorney and let them handle it.
Most of the immigration stuff is simple if everything is clean....but you never know.
Why pay for an attorney unless your case is complicated?
Its straightforward and you can do it on your own.
Again, if your case is a bit different and needs a lot of documentation, you would need an attorney.
Most of the immigration stuff is simple if everything is clean....but you never know.
Why pay for an attorney unless your case is complicated?
Its straightforward and you can do it on your own.
Again, if your case is a bit different and needs a lot of documentation, you would need an attorney.
tattoo Each Les Paul Standard 2010
gc_chahiye
12-21 01:04 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you've had unexpired H1B while you were out of work. This is not considered unlawful presence. On top of that, violation of status determination can be done only by the USCIS (IO). If they did not inform you that you violated status, you are good to go.
correct. out of status != unlawful presence.
So being out of status for >180 days does not trigger the 3 year ban. Either USCIS must make the determination that you are out of status, or your original period of authorized stay (I-94 date) must expire.
however being out of status >180 days since your last entry into the US is problematic for your adjustment of status.
correct. out of status != unlawful presence.
So being out of status for >180 days does not trigger the 3 year ban. Either USCIS must make the determination that you are out of status, or your original period of authorized stay (I-94 date) must expire.
however being out of status >180 days since your last entry into the US is problematic for your adjustment of status.
more...
pictures gibson les paul custom
nixstor
10-15 01:37 PM
IV has been working with officials in DHS (not USCIS) to find the exact number of AOS applications pending sorted by priority date, per country, per category.
Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.
FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Google docs (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc5z3x_4cj4sxwgh) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.
If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.
(1) Download attachment
(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it
(3) Notarize it and fax/mail it. Notarizing your request prevents from frivolous rejection
Fax number (816) 350-5785. Make sure you get your confirmation if you fax it.
Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.
FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Google docs (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc5z3x_4cj4sxwgh) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.
If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.
(1) Download attachment
(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it
(3) Notarize it and fax/mail it. Notarizing your request prevents from frivolous rejection
Fax number (816) 350-5785. Make sure you get your confirmation if you fax it.
dresses Gibson Les Paul Standard 50
thomachan72
07-29 02:50 PM
Great post.
Thanks abracadabra for agreeing to the point. It is really funny isn't it, when you notice people fighting over God's? Just the thought of fighting to support your God shows that you really dont belive in his/her strength or you dont really know what God is!! If thats the case, how would that power qualify to be GOD?? Whether it is in Inda/pakisthan/middle east/africa, wherever people fight to save their God/gods are just fighting to avoid confronting their own insecurity:-) What is the difference between me getting insulted on seeing Ganeshas picture on a beer bottle or Jesus's picture on the toilet seat and a circle with two dots as eyes on a person's BUTT, which he claims to represent ME (thomas)? Ofcourse I know that the circle with 2 dotts on his BUTT doesn't represent me so is the same about Ganesha / Jesus. Who has seen these folks?? The big truth is NOBODY!! EVER!! Imagine how would I look if I stood around crying like a baby, when the guy walks around with his BUTT exposed showing the circle with two dotts claiming that it acurately represents me?? Ganesha, Jesus, Allah and Krishna are all laughing. Laughing not at the person who shows off as insulting them, but actually (ironically) at us who stand around crying about that. Belive me this is true!! we had a conference call last night and all three of them were laughing :D:D:D
Thanks abracadabra for agreeing to the point. It is really funny isn't it, when you notice people fighting over God's? Just the thought of fighting to support your God shows that you really dont belive in his/her strength or you dont really know what God is!! If thats the case, how would that power qualify to be GOD?? Whether it is in Inda/pakisthan/middle east/africa, wherever people fight to save their God/gods are just fighting to avoid confronting their own insecurity:-) What is the difference between me getting insulted on seeing Ganeshas picture on a beer bottle or Jesus's picture on the toilet seat and a circle with two dots as eyes on a person's BUTT, which he claims to represent ME (thomas)? Ofcourse I know that the circle with 2 dotts on his BUTT doesn't represent me so is the same about Ganesha / Jesus. Who has seen these folks?? The big truth is NOBODY!! EVER!! Imagine how would I look if I stood around crying like a baby, when the guy walks around with his BUTT exposed showing the circle with two dotts claiming that it acurately represents me?? Ganesha, Jesus, Allah and Krishna are all laughing. Laughing not at the person who shows off as insulting them, but actually (ironically) at us who stand around crying about that. Belive me this is true!! we had a conference call last night and all three of them were laughing :D:D:D
more...
makeup USA/Les-Paul-Standard-2010
kartikiran
03-17 01:52 PM
Pd Mar 25th 2002
I140 Ad 06/2006
I485 Rd 06/2007
I140 Ad 06/2006
I485 Rd 06/2007
girlfriend 2010 Gibson SG Les Paul
willigetagc
07-28 08:22 AM
Hi all,
I am not sure whether I should add this over here or not but I could not resist and I don't know any other way.
I went to a wine shop and was shocked to see cartoon of Ganesha used on the bottle of India Pale Beer. I am not a religious person but this thing made me nervous. Please let me know how this can be protested.
Thanks
ah! thats the perfect drink for the occasion when we all get our GC... :)There is no end to the things we could protest about...
I am not sure whether I should add this over here or not but I could not resist and I don't know any other way.
I went to a wine shop and was shocked to see cartoon of Ganesha used on the bottle of India Pale Beer. I am not a religious person but this thing made me nervous. Please let me know how this can be protested.
Thanks
ah! thats the perfect drink for the occasion when we all get our GC... :)There is no end to the things we could protest about...
hairstyles the Les Paul Standard 2010
deepimpact
09-10 01:04 PM
I thinkThis year will be good for EB3.
With 700 per queter going to EB2I and EB2C, this means that EB2I will go only upto few months by Jul-2011 before the spill kicks IN.
Once the spill over kicks in EB2 will move by atmost Jul-2007 (as there are won't be any 485 filed for India / China post 2007. Even if they are it is unlikely that they will be processed in 1 or 2 months). So I expect EB3 to use most of the spill over this year.
CATCH: IF USCIS allows filing of 485 for POST 2007 FIASCO then the above doesn't hold true.
If there are no I-485 pending for EB2 I/C then the demand goes to zero (unless DOS/USCIS uses pending I-140s to decide demand). And if demand < supply then the category goes to current (atleast per the explanation in the demand data document).And definitely if EB2 I/C folks post July 2007 are allowed to file I-485 then USCIS will realize demand is not zero but say 50K. Then again next month PD goes back to late 2007.
I think visa numbers are assigned to I-485 before they are processed for demand data purposes, otherwise the demand data prior to CY 2006 for EB2 I will not be zero with some people with 05 PDs still waiting for GCs. But, again this is all speculation and the situation will be clear by Sep 2011 when almost all of EB2I/C pending I-485s will have been cleared.
With 700 per queter going to EB2I and EB2C, this means that EB2I will go only upto few months by Jul-2011 before the spill kicks IN.
Once the spill over kicks in EB2 will move by atmost Jul-2007 (as there are won't be any 485 filed for India / China post 2007. Even if they are it is unlikely that they will be processed in 1 or 2 months). So I expect EB3 to use most of the spill over this year.
CATCH: IF USCIS allows filing of 485 for POST 2007 FIASCO then the above doesn't hold true.
If there are no I-485 pending for EB2 I/C then the demand goes to zero (unless DOS/USCIS uses pending I-140s to decide demand). And if demand < supply then the category goes to current (atleast per the explanation in the demand data document).And definitely if EB2 I/C folks post July 2007 are allowed to file I-485 then USCIS will realize demand is not zero but say 50K. Then again next month PD goes back to late 2007.
I think visa numbers are assigned to I-485 before they are processed for demand data purposes, otherwise the demand data prior to CY 2006 for EB2 I will not be zero with some people with 05 PDs still waiting for GCs. But, again this is all speculation and the situation will be clear by Sep 2011 when almost all of EB2I/C pending I-485s will have been cleared.
mallu
06-20 02:54 PM
PD Nov.2002 India EB2( original labor ).
I-485 RD Jul 2006 . AD : June 2008.
Waiting for actual card...:D
I-485 RD Jul 2006 . AD : June 2008.
Waiting for actual card...:D
nojoke
10-21 04:23 PM
Obama is more a talking person. He would have given lot of information during this campaign season. But he will not execute. Everyone in the campaign said he is always on the neutral side. He is not with Yes Or No answers.
One thing I want to explain about tax decrease plan.
When the tax decreases for middle class and tax increases for upper class, then the upper class CEO and the business would like to see how they can increase their profit by not increasing the wage of a middle class.
Obama followed a non american politics giving lots and lots to public. But in reality he may sit quiet and only enjoy his benefit as a President.
If Obama elected as President, this economic mess is not going to go away.
Because it is now Global.
I will say if Obama is elected Health care change he expects may not be executed as per his plan.
And it goes on....
So by your theory don't tax the rich at all. That way we will get all the money as wage from the rich. :D LOL. Do you really believe this? How is the trickle down economy working so far? BTW Clinton taxed the rich and the economy grew.
One thing I want to explain about tax decrease plan.
When the tax decreases for middle class and tax increases for upper class, then the upper class CEO and the business would like to see how they can increase their profit by not increasing the wage of a middle class.
Obama followed a non american politics giving lots and lots to public. But in reality he may sit quiet and only enjoy his benefit as a President.
If Obama elected as President, this economic mess is not going to go away.
Because it is now Global.
I will say if Obama is elected Health care change he expects may not be executed as per his plan.
And it goes on....
So by your theory don't tax the rich at all. That way we will get all the money as wage from the rich. :D LOL. Do you really believe this? How is the trickle down economy working so far? BTW Clinton taxed the rich and the economy grew.



No comments:
Post a Comment