saketkapur
11-11 02:12 PM
Compete America Congratulates President-Elect Obama
Last update: 4:31 p.m. EST Nov. 5, 2008
WASHINGTON, Nov 05, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Business and University Leaders Express Optimism that New Administration will Support Much-Needed Reform to Visa Programs for Highly Educated Employees
Compete America today congratulated President-elect Barack Obama for his victory in yesterday's elections. Compete America, a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations advocating for the reform of out-dated visa policies for highly educated foreign professionals, did not, and does not endorse candidates at any level.
"We are optimistic that the President-elect and his team understand the critical importance of highly educated foreign professionals to economic growth and job creation. Investing in innovation is one of the most effective ways we can stimulate our economy," said Robert Hoffman, Vice President for Government and Public Affairs at Oracle and Co-Chair of Compete America. "History has shown that top talent living and working in America is a boon to our economy and a proven job creator for quality American jobs."
Hoffman continued by saying that Compete America was also encouraged that President-elect Obama recognizes the importance of investment in research and supports improving education for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Basic research investments and improved STEM education are two critical components of continued U.S. innovation leadership.
Hoffman noted that during the campaign, the Obama-Biden policy paper on Science and Innovation stated the following:
Barack Obama supports comprehensive immigration reform that improves our visa programs to attract some of the world's most talented people to America, including improvements in our legal permanent resident visa programs and temporary programs such as the H-1B program. Obama will:
Reduce the backlog of skilled immigrants waiting to become permanentresidents by increasing the number of employment-based visas.
Create a "fast track" system that allows foreign students thatreceive advanced technical degrees from U.S. universities to receive an employment-based visa without having to return to their home country.
Balance visa and export control policies against the possibility that they deter international scientific exchange or send a message to international students, scholars, scientists, and engineers that theyare not welcome in the United States.
Work to ensure immigrant workers are less dependent on their employers for their right to stay in the country and hold accountable employers who abuse the system and their workers.
For more information on how highly educated immigration benefits America, please visit http://www.competeamerica.org.
Compete America ( http://www.competeamerica.org) is a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations concerned about legal, employment-based immigration and committed to ensuring that the United States has the highly educated workforce necessary to ensure continued innovation, job creation and leadership in a worldwide economy.
Last update: 4:31 p.m. EST Nov. 5, 2008
WASHINGTON, Nov 05, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Business and University Leaders Express Optimism that New Administration will Support Much-Needed Reform to Visa Programs for Highly Educated Employees
Compete America today congratulated President-elect Barack Obama for his victory in yesterday's elections. Compete America, a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations advocating for the reform of out-dated visa policies for highly educated foreign professionals, did not, and does not endorse candidates at any level.
"We are optimistic that the President-elect and his team understand the critical importance of highly educated foreign professionals to economic growth and job creation. Investing in innovation is one of the most effective ways we can stimulate our economy," said Robert Hoffman, Vice President for Government and Public Affairs at Oracle and Co-Chair of Compete America. "History has shown that top talent living and working in America is a boon to our economy and a proven job creator for quality American jobs."
Hoffman continued by saying that Compete America was also encouraged that President-elect Obama recognizes the importance of investment in research and supports improving education for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Basic research investments and improved STEM education are two critical components of continued U.S. innovation leadership.
Hoffman noted that during the campaign, the Obama-Biden policy paper on Science and Innovation stated the following:
Barack Obama supports comprehensive immigration reform that improves our visa programs to attract some of the world's most talented people to America, including improvements in our legal permanent resident visa programs and temporary programs such as the H-1B program. Obama will:
Reduce the backlog of skilled immigrants waiting to become permanentresidents by increasing the number of employment-based visas.
Create a "fast track" system that allows foreign students thatreceive advanced technical degrees from U.S. universities to receive an employment-based visa without having to return to their home country.
Balance visa and export control policies against the possibility that they deter international scientific exchange or send a message to international students, scholars, scientists, and engineers that theyare not welcome in the United States.
Work to ensure immigrant workers are less dependent on their employers for their right to stay in the country and hold accountable employers who abuse the system and their workers.
For more information on how highly educated immigration benefits America, please visit http://www.competeamerica.org.
Compete America ( http://www.competeamerica.org) is a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations concerned about legal, employment-based immigration and committed to ensuring that the United States has the highly educated workforce necessary to ensure continued innovation, job creation and leadership in a worldwide economy.
wallpaper MMO Review: Global Agenda
sanjay02
11-27 02:42 AM
Hi
For all those who are doing Online MBA/part time was any one successful in getting a financial aid through FASFA? If not FASFA what are other alternatives? like loans from bank etc?
When I applied for financial aid they told me that since I dont have my greencard Im not eligible
Thnks
Sanjay
For all those who are doing Online MBA/part time was any one successful in getting a financial aid through FASFA? If not FASFA what are other alternatives? like loans from bank etc?
When I applied for financial aid they told me that since I dont have my greencard Im not eligible
Thnks
Sanjay
desi3933
02-09 03:14 PM
And reply you will never get.
141,020 visa numbers used in FY2009
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09AnnualReport_TableV.pdf
Look at the last page.
The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is 140,000. So the usage was actually more.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
141,020 visa numbers used in FY2009
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09AnnualReport_TableV.pdf
Look at the last page.
The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is 140,000. So the usage was actually more.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
2011 Global Agenda DA Farm Run P1.
jfredr
04-20 01:57 PM
I recently joined the forum with $20 Contributions.
my story is also same as many of u . Stuck in
Retrogression
thanks
my story is also same as many of u . Stuck in
Retrogression
thanks
more...
wandmaker
08-21 04:34 PM
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?
Most of the people here are under employment based green cards - So, I would recommend get yourself an attorney.
Most of the people here are under employment based green cards - So, I would recommend get yourself an attorney.
ajaykk
07-11 09:35 PM
My PD is 06/27/06..should I feel happy or fingers x'd or just lucky....
more...
vamsi_poondla
09-26 10:00 AM
I think IV core must be taking some action in response to this CNN report. Does anyone know about action from core?
You are also part of IV. You can stand up for any such mis-information and educate rather than waiting for Core team to do something (they may have other priorities)
Let us all send an email to the editor from the link on the page and protest. Let us see if CNN publishes an errata.
You are also part of IV. You can stand up for any such mis-information and educate rather than waiting for Core team to do something (they may have other priorities)
Let us all send an email to the editor from the link on the page and protest. Let us see if CNN publishes an errata.
2010 Will Global Agenda mechs look

karanp25
07-11 01:50 PM
I agree 100%.
again no one can explain the ridiculous date movements by DOS...so there can be no reason for this..Its just that someone saw numbers being wasted...and they randomly applied them to EB2...Now as for getting approvals for all those that are current now...forget it ...since that is USCIS and that is a whole different Animal (a lazy one!!)
again no one can explain the ridiculous date movements by DOS...so there can be no reason for this..Its just that someone saw numbers being wasted...and they randomly applied them to EB2...Now as for getting approvals for all those that are current now...forget it ...since that is USCIS and that is a whole different Animal (a lazy one!!)
more...
karan007
03-07 05:09 AM
I am in the same boat. Consulted 2 attorneys, both of them provided very different overview. As per one using AC21 was very easy, didn't require much paperwork from employer (letter of employment with job responsibilities). The other one suggested that the new employer needs to support the green card process & made it sound like serious work.
Another interesting note was, the attorney who mentioned it was easy, would have charged $500 for the process vs $2500 + expenses. So kind off figured that one has to justify charge $2,500, hence the additional paperwork, etc (scare factor).
I did some research over the web. Came to the conclusion that utilizing AC21 is pretty simple. I am moving forward with it and starting my new job in April.
Since this is a big decision, I would suggest that you get a second opinion
Good Luck...
Another interesting note was, the attorney who mentioned it was easy, would have charged $500 for the process vs $2500 + expenses. So kind off figured that one has to justify charge $2,500, hence the additional paperwork, etc (scare factor).
I did some research over the web. Came to the conclusion that utilizing AC21 is pretty simple. I am moving forward with it and starting my new job in April.
Since this is a big decision, I would suggest that you get a second opinion
Good Luck...
hair MMO Review: Global Agenda
mirage
02-03 08:17 AM
Guys,
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time or few days in Washington, please PM me. our sole agenda is bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota...
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time or few days in Washington, please PM me. our sole agenda is bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota...
more...
rockstart
03-12 11:55 AM
In theory you are right. But practically Very big corporations/companies have recently started a practice not to hire a person on EAD if I-140 is not clearly approved. Why? Lawyers advise them to do so. I have been hired by very prestigious company recently of course on EAD and first thing they wanted to make a check was on whether I have I-140 approved or not. Secondly they ask if I could submit 3 years audit report for "previous employer". That could make sense to me as it was a clear hint that they wanted to check whether I am coming from good financial based company or not... Why? The reason is that if that would not have been the case then there could be the chance of denying I-140 although it was approved. At least in my network of friends I am the third person who experienced this level of scrutiny before hiring on EAD. The reason is simple. They do not want to hire a guy who can not work at some time of the initial period due to I-140 related problems. So bottom line, I-140 approval is must nowadays for working in big corporations with EAD.
I am worried about this financial reports. I am not sure many consulting companies will give those to employee who is leaving
I am worried about this financial reports. I am not sure many consulting companies will give those to employee who is leaving
hot Global Agenda Preview
jayZinDC
05-28 03:41 PM
I used AC21 twice. Both times I informed USCIS, EVL contained exact job description but different title. Did not have any AC21 related RFE and today got 'CP ordered email'. :) good luck to all!
Hope this helps...
Did you send the EVL to USCIS yourself or did your lawyer take care of it? Is there are specific process, document format to follow? Congrats one and all who got approved seems to be a lot of progress in the Eb-2 arena. I heard of 15 approvals of EB-2 PD03 (Jan-Apr) in my company itsef
Hope this helps...
Did you send the EVL to USCIS yourself or did your lawyer take care of it? Is there are specific process, document format to follow? Congrats one and all who got approved seems to be a lot of progress in the Eb-2 arena. I heard of 15 approvals of EB-2 PD03 (Jan-Apr) in my company itsef
more...
house Global Agenda quot;Previewquot; - CGE
mirage
02-04 08:51 PM
Guys,
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time it could be few days in Washington!! please PM me.
Again we are not creating any organization or anything, we are not going against IV's agenda. This is also a part of IV's agenda, but for now our sole agenda will be to bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota or increase the country cap(whichever can fly).
PS : For EB-3 India, unless country cap is removed or increased, you can presume you GC application dead forever...For EB-2 India It'll be a long journey for people with PDs sooner than 2005...
Thanks
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time it could be few days in Washington!! please PM me.
Again we are not creating any organization or anything, we are not going against IV's agenda. This is also a part of IV's agenda, but for now our sole agenda will be to bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota or increase the country cap(whichever can fly).
PS : For EB-3 India, unless country cap is removed or increased, you can presume you GC application dead forever...For EB-2 India It'll be a long journey for people with PDs sooner than 2005...
Thanks
tattoo GLOBAL AGENDA FICTION
gc28262
03-10 03:27 PM
Before taking up any agenda, check with IV core whether it is the right time.
If it was the right time, why wouldn't IV core initiate any action items when members are so willing to take up those ?
If it was the right time, why wouldn't IV core initiate any action items when members are so willing to take up those ?
more...
pictures Re: Global Agenda
meridiani.planum
03-03 01:36 PM
I just sent a request to CNN to take a look at this thread. A formal letter may be sent soon. So please continue to vote and participate.
whats the point? 33 out of 23000 members have voted. Any result here is well beyond all statistical margins of error. Unless atleast 5000 people vote, this poll has no point. The mathematicians among us can derive the exact number, but participation has to be much greater than 33 if this has to be representative of the IV membership.
whats the point? 33 out of 23000 members have voted. Any result here is well beyond all statistical margins of error. Unless atleast 5000 people vote, this poll has no point. The mathematicians among us can derive the exact number, but participation has to be much greater than 33 if this has to be representative of the IV membership.
dresses Robotics - Global Agenda Wiki
Abhinaym
09-10 10:42 AM
It seems I don't have the number of posts necessary to log in. Is there anyway I can just view the live updates?
more...
makeup Full Size Global Agenda
bank_king2003
04-09 04:29 PM
Dude i must say, it must have taken a huge effort to come up with all this. But guess what, it wont make a dent. There are way too many Indians, Chinese and Mexicans in line and too few GC's to give out.
You are right that it wont make any dent not becasue of the numbers of indians, chinease or mexicans but because we failed to identify the problem at a basic level.
if we have a clear answer and hold on following questions i think then only we can make USCIS/DOS to behave.
1) Is USCIS or DOS accountable for anything? if they do anything wrong can we do anything?
2) If USCIS post incorrect and bogus numbers of demand do we have a right or anything to challenge them?
3) If USCIS says that they are doing quarterly spillover and don't do that can we do anything legally?
You are right that it wont make any dent not becasue of the numbers of indians, chinease or mexicans but because we failed to identify the problem at a basic level.
if we have a clear answer and hold on following questions i think then only we can make USCIS/DOS to behave.
1) Is USCIS or DOS accountable for anything? if they do anything wrong can we do anything?
2) If USCIS post incorrect and bogus numbers of demand do we have a right or anything to challenge them?
3) If USCIS says that they are doing quarterly spillover and don't do that can we do anything legally?
girlfriend It#39;s a global agenda we are
ashishgour
09-10 01:19 PM
nebody seeing the proceedings...or jus the eagle???
hairstyles Global Agenda - View topic
thomachan72
07-05 03:14 PM
First of all Nixstor everybody here really appreciates your contributions and support for the community. However, we have to remember that when there is a need people will act. You did no harm by making this very important point. Ofcourse the site might not be converted to a paid one, but your post really brought out certain very important points to light and we really appreciate that. You are right there are many who benefit without contributing. But we have to remember that any efforts similar to this (IV) will cosist of a huge population. Out of that there will always be a percentage who will never contribute and some selfless people like yourself who always take the extra step to help others and in turn recieve help. If this site becomes paid many might simply cut of their visits. And I wont argue with you if you say that aint true. Personally I feel we might loose a lot of the memberships if that happens. Regarding the present fight against the uscis, I dont even think we are in need of that big a sum because the AILF is taking up the case free of cost (correct me if I am wrong). You may / may not contribute. They are already decided and they will fight. Now the drive for the future CIR if any, will go on slowly and can be increased as need arises. More than money what we need now is people sending out information to the media / politicians. Money comes last now, as far as I know.
jayleno
07-28 06:24 PM
Please let me know how to close this thread?
Wonderful realization. Here is a comment accompanied with red dot for me for my post earlier:
"why..what is wrong with the thread?"...I wonder what is wrong with this thread.
Wonderful realization. Here is a comment accompanied with red dot for me for my post earlier:
"why..what is wrong with the thread?"...I wonder what is wrong with this thread.
va_il
07-04 07:48 PM
Details behind your theory and their source information please



No comments:
Post a Comment