Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Girlish notions of love and life « i has good grammar

I'm listening to The Shins which means I'm also consequently daydeaming, pondering life and reflecting on my choices. It's the kind of music that nurtures introspective epiphanies.

A lot of people know that I'm a hopeless romantic, but even more don't. I find that talking a lot makes people feel comfortable with you, without having to actually share much about your own life or opinions.

I've never had any doubt that I'll find love. I joke about it and have endless self-deprecating humour about my failed love life, but I don't actually believe any of it.

I have felt love and been loved. I've had relationships that evidently didn't work out, but were meaningful in their time. It's all about that connection. Those moments where nobody matters more than you and him and him and you.

I've sat on rooftops and watched the stars, head rested on shoulder. I've received love letters and orchids. I've fallen asleep talking on the phone. I've stayed up until 4 am just waiting for him to kiss me.  I've made plans to run away to the Florida Keys, and plans to stick around an extra year just in case.

When it comes to love, I have no regrets. I follow my heart. And you know, it's always been worth it. Call me a broken record if you've known me for years, but I still think every moment is worth it. Always will be.

Don't let me forget it.

Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

ChatrouletteScrapbook of neglect IIWoes of the humour eliteWhen I grow up…(pt. 2!)

No comments:

Post a Comment