akhilmahajan
04-23 06:48 PM
First of all congrats for your I140......
Secondly, i8 was looking at the dates and the texas web site mentioned they are processing September 13, 2006 cases.......
But as per your information, it seems wrong..........
I guyess its just random case dates which are processed........ I will have my fingers crossed amd hopefully will get my gift soon.........
Thanks
Secondly, i8 was looking at the dates and the texas web site mentioned they are processing September 13, 2006 cases.......
But as per your information, it seems wrong..........
I guyess its just random case dates which are processed........ I will have my fingers crossed amd hopefully will get my gift soon.........
Thanks
wallpaper lank signpost
ca_immigrant
03-25 04:39 PM
the one from vamsi has gone up to 116 now...
vote for a question folks....ask your friends also to vote..
does not hurt to try our luck...
vote for a question folks....ask your friends also to vote..
does not hurt to try our luck...
vin13
03-11 09:14 AM
My AP was mailed by USCIS in January and I never received it. Called USCIS customer service, they said I need to apply again by paying $305 again. Called up USPS and they cannot find it, USPS said they will be sending me apology letter.
Did any one lost AP in mail, did any of you refile again.
I had a similar situation. The website showed that the case was approved. After waiting for few weeks had my lawyer contact USCIS. They said to wait another week and if it does not arrive then they will issue a duplicate one. The very next day, the lawyer fedexed me the AP papers saying they arrived. Now, i am not sure if the mail was not opened at the lawyer's office or truely it arrived the very next day.
I think the best for you would be to schedule a Infopass and go there with your information. If they feel like helping you, they can have you fill the application form right there and issue the AP in a day or two.
Take a couple of your passport photos just in case they want you to fill the application again. It is a very short application. So it takes less than 10 minutes to fill it. They may not charge you any money. Just take your 485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notce, previous AP approvals if any, current EAD with you.
Did any one lost AP in mail, did any of you refile again.
I had a similar situation. The website showed that the case was approved. After waiting for few weeks had my lawyer contact USCIS. They said to wait another week and if it does not arrive then they will issue a duplicate one. The very next day, the lawyer fedexed me the AP papers saying they arrived. Now, i am not sure if the mail was not opened at the lawyer's office or truely it arrived the very next day.
I think the best for you would be to schedule a Infopass and go there with your information. If they feel like helping you, they can have you fill the application form right there and issue the AP in a day or two.
Take a couple of your passport photos just in case they want you to fill the application again. It is a very short application. So it takes less than 10 minutes to fill it. They may not charge you any money. Just take your 485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notce, previous AP approvals if any, current EAD with you.
2011 Another Blank Signpost
spdy_mn
06-30 05:22 PM
Guys and Gals,
It's all speculation... Wait and see... we will all be fine... if you have your papers ready then file it.......
I'am staying positive..... Want y'all to do it too....
All the best....
Babloo bhai, you are the best. We needed this post. Hang in there guys, god willing everything will turn out to be good.
It's all speculation... Wait and see... we will all be fine... if you have your papers ready then file it.......
I'am staying positive..... Want y'all to do it too....
All the best....
Babloo bhai, you are the best. We needed this post. Hang in there guys, god willing everything will turn out to be good.
more...
jay1ram2
11-23 02:19 PM
Well Said.
martinvisalaw
03-24 01:45 PM
Does this mean that if my salary is higher than the "prevailing wage" by more than $320, the employer can legally ask me to reimburse the $320 filing fee? I have searched very hard but could not find any memo/doc regarding this.
Possibly, see here: Law Office of Elaine Martin - immigration news: H-1B fees (http://martinvisalaw.blogspot.com/search/label/H-1B%20fees).
You must also look at the "actual wage."
Possibly, see here: Law Office of Elaine Martin - immigration news: H-1B fees (http://martinvisalaw.blogspot.com/search/label/H-1B%20fees).
You must also look at the "actual wage."
more...
kuhelica2000
10-18 08:58 PM
Did you have to change your address while you switched jo?. And if you had changed address, did you inform USCIS. I am trying to find out if address chnge is what triggers RFE for job switch. Also were you on H1B or using EAD with previous employer.
I changed jobs early this year with a 20% pay cut and with different titles and with different client type (private vs public). Got GC last month. No RFEs. I did not inform USCIS.
Before switching jobs, I checked with my attorney and made sure that I am covered, made sure that my previous employer will not revoke my approved I-140 and made sure that my current employer will cooperate with the process. Last month my GC got approved.
Good luck.
I changed jobs early this year with a 20% pay cut and with different titles and with different client type (private vs public). Got GC last month. No RFEs. I did not inform USCIS.
Before switching jobs, I checked with my attorney and made sure that I am covered, made sure that my previous employer will not revoke my approved I-140 and made sure that my current employer will cooperate with the process. Last month my GC got approved.
Good luck.
2010 Another Blank Signpost
sunilsj
01-21 09:39 AM
Read this link from Murthy.com:
MurthyDotCom : H1B & H-4 Visa Applications in India Plagued by 221(g) Refusals - Part 1 (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_h14ind.html)
MurthyDotCom : H1B & H-4 Visa Applications in India Plagued by 221(g) Refusals - Part 1 (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_h14ind.html)
more...
chris
11-19 02:27 PM
I (we) know that they dont have proper system to pull the files based on PD/Country/Category etc.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
hair Two way lank signpost with
chanduv23
09-09 03:14 PM
HILLSBORO
GRESHAM
LYOOD CENTER
BEAVERTON
SALEM
EUGENE
VANCOUVER
LETS MOVE THE MOUNT HOOD
LETS BRING ST HELENS TO DC
GRESHAM
LYOOD CENTER
BEAVERTON
SALEM
EUGENE
VANCOUVER
LETS MOVE THE MOUNT HOOD
LETS BRING ST HELENS TO DC
more...
GCwaitforever
05-31 02:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am also sponsoring my mother-in-law to come here. I will have to see how this goes.
hot lank signpost
raju_abc
07-22 09:03 PM
by consultant means "both are Consulting company" or rather i have applied H1 through a consultant and not through a company
more...
house BLANK STOP SIGN CLIP ART
NKR
06-02 10:35 AM
NKR, thanks . I am considering that option.
Can you please tell if I do the L1 Extension, will it NEGATE the approved H1 ?
I am sorry, I cannot help you there since I am not aware of the consequences. Please consult an attorney
Can you please tell if I do the L1 Extension, will it NEGATE the approved H1 ?
I am sorry, I cannot help you there since I am not aware of the consequences. Please consult an attorney
tattoo Blank signpost.
Berkeleybee
04-08 03:03 PM
They probablly will put one or two into it, but I would think most of the conference member will be from other sectors, which could be positive.
Your belief in raw majority votes in the conference is touching. ;-) But all it takes is one person -- one Sensenbrenner, or equivalent to build a coalition within the conference, and one house leader to pick and choose the members of the conference.
To reiterate -- 20% of the house is in the House (Anti) Immigration Caucus. The house bill was voted in by a clear majority. Chew on that.
Your belief in raw majority votes in the conference is touching. ;-) But all it takes is one person -- one Sensenbrenner, or equivalent to build a coalition within the conference, and one house leader to pick and choose the members of the conference.
To reiterate -- 20% of the house is in the House (Anti) Immigration Caucus. The house bill was voted in by a clear majority. Chew on that.
more...
pictures Vector lank signpost
tnite
07-19 10:14 AM
By "resident" you mean its an AOS case and not Counsulate processing right? Meaning he is in US and submitting AOS application right? yes, he has been here for 5 yrs on h1b and his wife was on H4 when he claimed some of her tuition under 8863
For IRS tax purposes one is considered a resident if they pass the substantial presence test (http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=96352,00.html). i e. you pay the same taxes every other resident pays and you get the same deductions, exemptions others get.
There is nothing to worry about in your friends case.
If they had a home, they would have deducted their interest from the taxes, if they had medical expenses more than 8% of their income then they would have deucted that too.
As a resident tax filer, these are some of the advantages.
I dont understand why your friends are worried about this.
check this out (http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since resident and nonresident aliens are taxed differently, it is important for you to determine your status. You are considered a nonresident alien for any period that you are neither a United States citizen nor a United States resident alien.
You are considered a resident alien if you met one of two tests for the calendar year.
The first test is the "green card test." If at any time during the calendar year you were a lawful permanent resident of the United States according to the immigration laws, and this status has not been rescinded or administratively or judicially determined to have been abandoned, you are considered to have met the green card test.
The second test is the "substantial presence test." To meet this test, you must have been physically present in the United States on at least 31 days during the current year, and 183 days during the 3 year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before. To satisfy the 183 days requirement, count all of the days you were present in the current year, and one–third of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and one–sixth of the days you were present in the second year before the current year. Do not count any day you were present in the United States as an "exempt individual" or commute from Canada or Mexico to work in the United States on more than 75% of the workdays during your working period. An exempt individual may be anyone in the following categories:
A foreign government–related individual,
A teacher or trainee with a J or Q visa who substantially complies with the requirements of the visa,
A student with an F, J, M, or Q visa who substantially complies with the requirements of the visa; or
A professional athlete temporarily present to compete in a charitable sports event.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since your friend and his wife are on H Visa for the last 5 yrs, they are considered resident aliens for tax purposes and they can claim deductions , benefits , hope credit , life time learning credit etc.
For IRS tax purposes one is considered a resident if they pass the substantial presence test (http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=96352,00.html). i e. you pay the same taxes every other resident pays and you get the same deductions, exemptions others get.
There is nothing to worry about in your friends case.
If they had a home, they would have deducted their interest from the taxes, if they had medical expenses more than 8% of their income then they would have deucted that too.
As a resident tax filer, these are some of the advantages.
I dont understand why your friends are worried about this.
check this out (http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since resident and nonresident aliens are taxed differently, it is important for you to determine your status. You are considered a nonresident alien for any period that you are neither a United States citizen nor a United States resident alien.
You are considered a resident alien if you met one of two tests for the calendar year.
The first test is the "green card test." If at any time during the calendar year you were a lawful permanent resident of the United States according to the immigration laws, and this status has not been rescinded or administratively or judicially determined to have been abandoned, you are considered to have met the green card test.
The second test is the "substantial presence test." To meet this test, you must have been physically present in the United States on at least 31 days during the current year, and 183 days during the 3 year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before. To satisfy the 183 days requirement, count all of the days you were present in the current year, and one–third of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and one–sixth of the days you were present in the second year before the current year. Do not count any day you were present in the United States as an "exempt individual" or commute from Canada or Mexico to work in the United States on more than 75% of the workdays during your working period. An exempt individual may be anyone in the following categories:
A foreign government–related individual,
A teacher or trainee with a J or Q visa who substantially complies with the requirements of the visa,
A student with an F, J, M, or Q visa who substantially complies with the requirements of the visa; or
A professional athlete temporarily present to compete in a charitable sports event.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since your friend and his wife are on H Visa for the last 5 yrs, they are considered resident aliens for tax purposes and they can claim deductions , benefits , hope credit , life time learning credit etc.
dresses direction arrows signpost
kirupa
01-22 04:57 AM
Oh, of course! What do you want said near your entry?
I already added a brief caption to one of glos's entries becase users won't see anything unless they click and drag for example.
:sonic:
I already added a brief caption to one of glos's entries becase users won't see anything unless they click and drag for example.
:sonic:
more...
makeup Sign Post Clipart #214556 by
hpandey
07-09 11:02 AM
In a perfect world you would return your employers 8K and he would give you your last two weeks salary.
But we all know the world is not perfect.
Imagine if instead of you benefitting from the accountant mistake were on the receiving end and you were underpaid by 8K in 2 years. Would you still say that it is the accountant's and company's problem and nothing to do with you .
But we all know the world is not perfect.
Imagine if instead of you benefitting from the accountant mistake were on the receiving end and you were underpaid by 8K in 2 years. Would you still say that it is the accountant's and company's problem and nothing to do with you .
girlfriend lank rounded rectangular
frostrated
09-03 02:01 PM
Does that also apply to a case where the person is employed in another country and getting paid there? What about a case where the H4 holder travels to their home country and works for 3 months at a local company and gets paid for it?
Correct me if I am wrong but I would think the rule only applies if you work and earn money in the US.
You are correct. An H4 cannot work in the US if they are getting paid on US payroll. They can work as long as they do NOT get paid in US. They can telecommute for a company in India for all you want, and get paid in India in Indian currency. The H4 holder will have to file taxes in India though.
Correct me if I am wrong but I would think the rule only applies if you work and earn money in the US.
You are correct. An H4 cannot work in the US if they are getting paid on US payroll. They can work as long as they do NOT get paid in US. They can telecommute for a company in India for all you want, and get paid in India in Indian currency. The H4 holder will have to file taxes in India though.
hairstyles #20844 Cow Holding a Blank
gcformeornot
02-01 09:28 AM
Friends,
Need help and suggestion.
To my surprise, today I got a electricity bill from Nov11 2008 to Jan23 2009 a total of :mad::mad::mad:$979.00 :mad::mad::mad:
I leave in a single bed room ground floor 785 Sq ft.
I have called the customer service for dispute and investigation.:mad::mad::mad:
Has any one encountered this kind of problems with electricity department. please enlighten !!!
:confused::confused::confused:
gas or electric? If its electric then considering record cold months of Dec and Jan..... .... don't know..... still looks on high side.....
Need help and suggestion.
To my surprise, today I got a electricity bill from Nov11 2008 to Jan23 2009 a total of :mad::mad::mad:$979.00 :mad::mad::mad:
I leave in a single bed room ground floor 785 Sq ft.
I have called the customer service for dispute and investigation.:mad::mad::mad:
Has any one encountered this kind of problems with electricity department. please enlighten !!!
:confused::confused::confused:
gas or electric? If its electric then considering record cold months of Dec and Jan..... .... don't know..... still looks on high side.....
hate_me
12-16 04:45 PM
I got my licensed extended till EAD expiry date and they have given me an month more than EAD expiry date, this was done in Wayne, NJ, and I know atleast 20 people who got their license extended on base of EAD in Wayne. Your friend might not have provided other required documents, you just dont get license renewed on base of EAD only, you have to provide address proof, SS etc. Your friend might have missed some of the documents or he might have shown attitude to the the clerk, or that clerk might have taken lessons from USCIS employees in creating their own rule.
A freind of mine had two years EAD and don't have H1 anymore. His drivers License was denied as EAD is not considered a valid document for drivers License extention.
This happened in Wayne , NJ.
I too will be going for the renewal soon. Did anyone else faced similar situtation. If yes, how did they resolve?
A freind of mine had two years EAD and don't have H1 anymore. His drivers License was denied as EAD is not considered a valid document for drivers License extention.
This happened in Wayne , NJ.
I too will be going for the renewal soon. Did anyone else faced similar situtation. If yes, how did they resolve?
logiclife
01-30 12:14 PM
click on the "Members list" link, I think you can see how many members are there in this organization.
--logiclife.
--logiclife.



No comments:
Post a Comment