logiclife
12-29 01:39 AM
Whatever you guys are doing ... its working.
We are seeing higher than usual new registrations on this website in the past week.
Thank you all for posting about Immigration Voice everywhere else.
We are seeing higher than usual new registrations on this website in the past week.
Thank you all for posting about Immigration Voice everywhere else.
wallpaper Army Wives
Canadian_Dream
04-10 05:56 PM
the fact that reform is needed does not mean this is the best way.
and btw i wonder what happens to true consulting companies- BCG, Oracle etc whose business is to provide these services. They are not some abusive offshore operation....how is it fair to them? Seems a bit radical to me...not that i oppose the need for reform.
My only point was: the way H1B was set-up there was too much leverage to the corporations. This led to abuse by them at your and my cost. End result was wage depression, Green Card Backlogs and now H1B crisis. No matter how you argue it, the abusers have been a clear winner as an end result. Look no further than mushrooming of recruiting companies, and growing profit margins of TCS, Infosys and Wipro.
In the end the reform has to come, unfortunately it came again at our cost. I agree it is not the best way to reform it, because it isn't in the best interest of H1B holders, but I guess the intention here is to stop the abuse at any cost. The best way probably would have been making H1B independent of the employer but again me and you are not kept in mind when a law like this is being written. What happens to BCG, Oracle etc, perhaps law should provide a way to separate wheat from chaff. If you take a closer look at it, these corporations do provide consulting services but consultants are still "Permanent Employees" with a fix wages and benefits but body shoppers have a different model with unpaid bench period and what not. In fact you can find
Permanent Residents and US Citizens wanting to work or working with BCG, Oracle etc, but you don't see that with bodyshoppers and that's why I guess the 50% US Citizen clause in the proposed law. Please don't confuse this with the notion that I support or oppose this law. I am just trying to argue that if off shoring companies (Infosys, TCS etc) with 90% H1B's and local body shopping firms 100% H1B are getting punished I have no sympathy for them. These are the same people who refuse to give people copy I-140 approval notice and file for 59 Green Cards out of 20,000 H1B's they bring.
How about sending back all H1Bs ? If there is no cheap labor around , the salaries for all others (Citizens and GC holders) go up. I so want to see 250 an hour rates.
Applying your logic , you should get a job in your home country if you are smart enough.
You should first read the original post that I responded to understand the context. As far as wages are concerned it is because of these corporations that hourly rates however high look meager when H1B statistics are collected by DOL, because a large cut is added to profit margins. That's why opponents of H1B program can point finger and say prevailing wages are not market wages. Do you support this practice of making profit by eating away a huge chunk of your pay just because they sponsor H1B (a Green Card the retention benefit to continue doing this for atleast 3-4 years) ? If you are then you are doing it at your own peril.
Check out some of the prevailing wages and see for yourself if these are real market wages:
System Analyst in San Jose California $64K
http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/032807_systmsanaly_sanfranciscoCA.pdf
Consultant in San Francisco 55K
http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/032807_taxconsII_sanjoseCA.pdf
and btw i wonder what happens to true consulting companies- BCG, Oracle etc whose business is to provide these services. They are not some abusive offshore operation....how is it fair to them? Seems a bit radical to me...not that i oppose the need for reform.
My only point was: the way H1B was set-up there was too much leverage to the corporations. This led to abuse by them at your and my cost. End result was wage depression, Green Card Backlogs and now H1B crisis. No matter how you argue it, the abusers have been a clear winner as an end result. Look no further than mushrooming of recruiting companies, and growing profit margins of TCS, Infosys and Wipro.
In the end the reform has to come, unfortunately it came again at our cost. I agree it is not the best way to reform it, because it isn't in the best interest of H1B holders, but I guess the intention here is to stop the abuse at any cost. The best way probably would have been making H1B independent of the employer but again me and you are not kept in mind when a law like this is being written. What happens to BCG, Oracle etc, perhaps law should provide a way to separate wheat from chaff. If you take a closer look at it, these corporations do provide consulting services but consultants are still "Permanent Employees" with a fix wages and benefits but body shoppers have a different model with unpaid bench period and what not. In fact you can find
Permanent Residents and US Citizens wanting to work or working with BCG, Oracle etc, but you don't see that with bodyshoppers and that's why I guess the 50% US Citizen clause in the proposed law. Please don't confuse this with the notion that I support or oppose this law. I am just trying to argue that if off shoring companies (Infosys, TCS etc) with 90% H1B's and local body shopping firms 100% H1B are getting punished I have no sympathy for them. These are the same people who refuse to give people copy I-140 approval notice and file for 59 Green Cards out of 20,000 H1B's they bring.
How about sending back all H1Bs ? If there is no cheap labor around , the salaries for all others (Citizens and GC holders) go up. I so want to see 250 an hour rates.
Applying your logic , you should get a job in your home country if you are smart enough.
You should first read the original post that I responded to understand the context. As far as wages are concerned it is because of these corporations that hourly rates however high look meager when H1B statistics are collected by DOL, because a large cut is added to profit margins. That's why opponents of H1B program can point finger and say prevailing wages are not market wages. Do you support this practice of making profit by eating away a huge chunk of your pay just because they sponsor H1B (a Green Card the retention benefit to continue doing this for atleast 3-4 years) ? If you are then you are doing it at your own peril.
Check out some of the prevailing wages and see for yourself if these are real market wages:
System Analyst in San Jose California $64K
http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/032807_systmsanaly_sanfranciscoCA.pdf
Consultant in San Francisco 55K
http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/032807_taxconsII_sanjoseCA.pdf

santb1975
07-01 09:42 PM
We have been there and done that. If someone can get results through an online petition please be my guest and take the lead on the initiative. I will gladly wait to be 1000002'nd person signing the petition.
2011 army wives chase.
nitlsu
04-04 11:16 AM
I don't think this bill would be of any consequence to the goal of IV unless they can maybe attach some GC-relief provisions to it.
In reality this bill will never ever make it to the full Senate floor. Corporate America will ensure that it dies the same kind of death as all the immigration related bills from last year.
In reality this bill will never ever make it to the full Senate floor. Corporate America will ensure that it dies the same kind of death as all the immigration related bills from last year.
more...

krishjack
07-03 02:25 PM
Contributed $100 Yesterday
Jaime
09-10 02:37 PM
Hey Andy, yes, join us on the 18th! We can help with your airfare, and even better if you can bring your wife and kids!!!!
more...
nk2006
12-27 08:54 AM
GUYS THIS SEEMS INCORRECT, I HAVE A 529 FOR BOTH MY BOYS......MY FINANCIAL BROKER SET IT UP FOR ME..
I also have opened 529 account couple years ago (and contributing to it monthly ever since). No issues (no questions were asked about my visa status) while opening or during my monthly contributions. My understanding is, we can use these funds anywhere in the world as long as the money taken out is used for higher educaiton of designated beneficiary.
The biggest disadvantage for us is in our jobs - so many jobs are advertised with a clear mention that they dont support visa. This is not restricted to some mom and pop tech shops even some bigger companies do that. Also in big companies where H1B's are welcomed (like Cisco, Microsoft etc); they dont take you if you have less remaning time on your H1B. I knew a case where a friend of mine was interviewed and offered a very good position in one such reputed companies. The interview/background check process took two/three months at the end of it they realized that the personal have only 1year 4months left on his H1B visa. So they told him they wont take him; reason given is company policy that they need atleast 2 years on your H1B so that they have enough time to sponsor greencard etc. There are so many such instances where we are losing big time on our careers in the peak of our lifes.
I also have opened 529 account couple years ago (and contributing to it monthly ever since). No issues (no questions were asked about my visa status) while opening or during my monthly contributions. My understanding is, we can use these funds anywhere in the world as long as the money taken out is used for higher educaiton of designated beneficiary.
The biggest disadvantage for us is in our jobs - so many jobs are advertised with a clear mention that they dont support visa. This is not restricted to some mom and pop tech shops even some bigger companies do that. Also in big companies where H1B's are welcomed (like Cisco, Microsoft etc); they dont take you if you have less remaning time on your H1B. I knew a case where a friend of mine was interviewed and offered a very good position in one such reputed companies. The interview/background check process took two/three months at the end of it they realized that the personal have only 1year 4months left on his H1B visa. So they told him they wont take him; reason given is company policy that they need atleast 2 years on your H1B so that they have enough time to sponsor greencard etc. There are so many such instances where we are losing big time on our careers in the peak of our lifes.
2010 army wives season 5 episode 4.
gapala
05-28 07:20 PM
Look how irresponsible the officers have become now a days.. they lie.. intemidate and harass the people... feels like 3rd world country... unbelievable!
Here's the story.. http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10440200
PADEN, Oklahoma -- An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper and a paramedic were caught on tape scuffling Sunday while a patient was being taken to the hospital.
The fight happened on Highway 62, near Paden, after a OHP and first responders argued over a close call on the road.
OHP alleges that one of the paramedics on the video assaulted the trooper, but the assault was not caught on tape.
"We're like trying to tell the guy, 'Dude, my mom is in the back,' and my stepdad was like, 'My wife is in the back. Can we do this at the hospital?'" said Kenyada Davis.
Kenyada Davis' mother was the woman in the back of the ambulance being treated for heat exhaustion.
He was able to shoot the altercation with his cell phone's camera.
Davis said it all started because the ambulance failed to yield to OHP troopers, who were en route to a call along highway 62 in Paden.
Davis said the driver of the ambulance was trying to avoid hitting a car that slowed down and wasn't aware of troopers nearby until it was too late.
"He slowed down, and as the car was getting over, that's when he passed us," Davis said. "I didn't hear him."
But after OHP troopers finished their official business, they pulled the Creek Nation ambulance over. One of the troopers chided Paul for failing to yield.
Once the ambulance was pulled over, Davis pulled out his phone and shot video of the scene.
Video is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KluItc365hU
Here's the story.. http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10440200
PADEN, Oklahoma -- An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper and a paramedic were caught on tape scuffling Sunday while a patient was being taken to the hospital.
The fight happened on Highway 62, near Paden, after a OHP and first responders argued over a close call on the road.
OHP alleges that one of the paramedics on the video assaulted the trooper, but the assault was not caught on tape.
"We're like trying to tell the guy, 'Dude, my mom is in the back,' and my stepdad was like, 'My wife is in the back. Can we do this at the hospital?'" said Kenyada Davis.
Kenyada Davis' mother was the woman in the back of the ambulance being treated for heat exhaustion.
He was able to shoot the altercation with his cell phone's camera.
Davis said it all started because the ambulance failed to yield to OHP troopers, who were en route to a call along highway 62 in Paden.
Davis said the driver of the ambulance was trying to avoid hitting a car that slowed down and wasn't aware of troopers nearby until it was too late.
"He slowed down, and as the car was getting over, that's when he passed us," Davis said. "I didn't hear him."
But after OHP troopers finished their official business, they pulled the Creek Nation ambulance over. One of the troopers chided Paul for failing to yield.
Once the ambulance was pulled over, Davis pulled out his phone and shot video of the scene.
Video is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KluItc365hU
more...
go_gc_way
12-29 11:23 AM
good question - I do not visit the website often. I remembered the website out of the blue only yesterday. After about 1 1/2 year I visited that website yesterday. So it was out of my mind.
Also, I am cannot use internet at work that often and going home I have other stuff to take care, dont get enough time to come to IV as well. I am glad you could do what I should have done long before :).
Thanks WillBLucky, I appreciate your willingness to do something but can't because of your other obligations.
I know, though all you folks want to do something, you are stuck with obligations.
BUT IN THE END IF EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN PULL OF THAT 15 MINUTES (which is for your green card), IT WORK MAGICS. BUT FOR IT TO WORK MAGICS, ALL NEED POST THEM VERY VERY VERY SOON.
If IV core team is working , dedicated, I am sure you all can spend 15 minutes. SEND YOUR GIFT TO IV and let us know on this thread, when you sent it, Thanks Friends :)
Also, I am cannot use internet at work that often and going home I have other stuff to take care, dont get enough time to come to IV as well. I am glad you could do what I should have done long before :).
Thanks WillBLucky, I appreciate your willingness to do something but can't because of your other obligations.
I know, though all you folks want to do something, you are stuck with obligations.
BUT IN THE END IF EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN PULL OF THAT 15 MINUTES (which is for your green card), IT WORK MAGICS. BUT FOR IT TO WORK MAGICS, ALL NEED POST THEM VERY VERY VERY SOON.
If IV core team is working , dedicated, I am sure you all can spend 15 minutes. SEND YOUR GIFT TO IV and let us know on this thread, when you sent it, Thanks Friends :)
hair Army Wives tells the story of
amitjoey
07-05 05:31 PM
Guys, please contribute to IV. I just did today, and believe me, you will feel better for doing so...
This is not just for you and me, but also for those who will come after us. Also, this is not a battle just to sue USCIS/DOS, but a war we need to fight on multiple fronts:
1) First and foremost, we the immigrant community need to join hands and fight as one cohesive group.
2) Sue the government agencies for damages/violation of law/precedents due to the revised visa bulletin
3) Get this matter the attention it deserves in the media
4) Try and get congress to intervene in this matter, and also introduce and pass legislation that will fix the broken employment based immigration system
5) Request corporate sponsorship. Since employers spent money on this fiasco as well, they will have a vested interest in pursuing this as well.
The main thing, however, is funds. IV needs funds to fight for us. Each of us has already spent 100's (many even 1000's) of $ trying to get ready to file our I-485's. So even if 10,000 members contribute just $100 each, it will be $1 mil. I am sure each of us can at least spare that much. It is a small price to pay for liberation from this GC mess for all of us....
With ~15,000 members already, and hopefully some serious $$$$$$ raised, IV will be a force to be reckoned with. No one will be able to treat us with such disdain ever again...
Awesome! you said it!!
This is not just for you and me, but also for those who will come after us. Also, this is not a battle just to sue USCIS/DOS, but a war we need to fight on multiple fronts:
1) First and foremost, we the immigrant community need to join hands and fight as one cohesive group.
2) Sue the government agencies for damages/violation of law/precedents due to the revised visa bulletin
3) Get this matter the attention it deserves in the media
4) Try and get congress to intervene in this matter, and also introduce and pass legislation that will fix the broken employment based immigration system
5) Request corporate sponsorship. Since employers spent money on this fiasco as well, they will have a vested interest in pursuing this as well.
The main thing, however, is funds. IV needs funds to fight for us. Each of us has already spent 100's (many even 1000's) of $ trying to get ready to file our I-485's. So even if 10,000 members contribute just $100 each, it will be $1 mil. I am sure each of us can at least spare that much. It is a small price to pay for liberation from this GC mess for all of us....
With ~15,000 members already, and hopefully some serious $$$$$$ raised, IV will be a force to be reckoned with. No one will be able to treat us with such disdain ever again...
Awesome! you said it!!
more...
slowwin
07-23 07:56 AM
now that the Small Business lending program has passed the 60 vote threshold, they would be putting Amndt. to it for vote. any idea, when sanders Amndt. will be vote on ?:mad:
hot Enjoy Army Wives tonight.
wizkid732
07-29 11:28 AM
Why dont you start a campaign against these top notch companies that they are cheating H1Bs by not filing for Greencards? May be some senator who is bidding for a reelection in Nov will help you.
On a serious note think about what you are asking from the company. If your services to the company are so valuable and if the company cannot survive without you, they will go to any extent to keep you. Your java/.net/unix/sap skills were very valuable just a few years ago, right now the same candidates are available in Tons. For the couple of positions we have, i am seeing 20-30 resumes everyday. What makes you so qualified that the company needs to do a gc (remember it is an incentive, just like signon bonus and profit sharing and relocation)? I do not know if anyone really is putting this on the offer letter and be liable if they backtrack on this/
The names people are referring to are top companies. They are not obligated. So if they start the process and and they find people of your caliber they are obliged to hire them. Are you ready to forego your process at that stage? Also if they take a year for just filing are you ok with that? Basically what i am saying is that it is the employee/employer relationship.
People bitch about desi companies (I dont work for one) as to how they gouge employees. But the benefit is that they go above and beyond to keep you on payroll. Do that with an American company - as soon as your contract ends you are done and out of job and out of status (technically). I personally know some folks who are out of job since Nov 2009 and still somehow managing to be legal (or atleast they claim)
So bottom line is you cant have the cake and eat it too that is if you want to work for a top notch company with your meager skills and have the benefits of desi company.
You should have come a few years earlier when people took advantage of
Reduction in Recruitment
Labor substitution
Applying from states where the process took 3 months as opposed to 4 years
starting companies in ME, NH, VT etc
Oh by the way porting from EB3 to EB2 now
People always find loopholes in the processes for quicker processing.
Guys,
Hope this thread will be useful for somebody who is looking for american company for green card processing. They wont get into the trap. So I am giving out the information from the known source(friends).
Company1: Deloitte
Company2: Chase
These two companies promised doing green card cards,they filed h1s, but did not file green card.Whatever reason (bad economy) may be, they did not sponsor green cards for those they promised to do. So be careful. It is not gaurantee.
Also, you can list the companies you know whoever promised, but did not file.
On a serious note think about what you are asking from the company. If your services to the company are so valuable and if the company cannot survive without you, they will go to any extent to keep you. Your java/.net/unix/sap skills were very valuable just a few years ago, right now the same candidates are available in Tons. For the couple of positions we have, i am seeing 20-30 resumes everyday. What makes you so qualified that the company needs to do a gc (remember it is an incentive, just like signon bonus and profit sharing and relocation)? I do not know if anyone really is putting this on the offer letter and be liable if they backtrack on this/
The names people are referring to are top companies. They are not obligated. So if they start the process and and they find people of your caliber they are obliged to hire them. Are you ready to forego your process at that stage? Also if they take a year for just filing are you ok with that? Basically what i am saying is that it is the employee/employer relationship.
People bitch about desi companies (I dont work for one) as to how they gouge employees. But the benefit is that they go above and beyond to keep you on payroll. Do that with an American company - as soon as your contract ends you are done and out of job and out of status (technically). I personally know some folks who are out of job since Nov 2009 and still somehow managing to be legal (or atleast they claim)
So bottom line is you cant have the cake and eat it too that is if you want to work for a top notch company with your meager skills and have the benefits of desi company.
You should have come a few years earlier when people took advantage of
Reduction in Recruitment
Labor substitution
Applying from states where the process took 3 months as opposed to 4 years
starting companies in ME, NH, VT etc
Oh by the way porting from EB3 to EB2 now
People always find loopholes in the processes for quicker processing.
Guys,
Hope this thread will be useful for somebody who is looking for american company for green card processing. They wont get into the trap. So I am giving out the information from the known source(friends).
Company1: Deloitte
Company2: Chase
These two companies promised doing green card cards,they filed h1s, but did not file green card.Whatever reason (bad economy) may be, they did not sponsor green cards for those they promised to do. So be careful. It is not gaurantee.
Also, you can list the companies you know whoever promised, but did not file.
more...
house Army Wives, Sally Pressman,
vandanaverdia
09-10 04:05 PM
Very well explained facts!!! Nice...
I am going to start emailing the same to people I know.....
Let us all join hands & unite in this cause...
I am going to start emailing the same to people I know.....
Let us all join hands & unite in this cause...
tattoo Army Wives Spoilers: Army
sk2006
05-26 11:39 PM
I am sure they will ask for passport if you only have the I-94. Now if I am required to carry my passport all the time that becomes a real pain particularly if we are on H1/L1 and present for quite a long time.
I 94 issued at POE must be attached to the passport all the times!
I 94 issued at POE must be attached to the passport all the times!
more...
pictures Pippy army wives æ è¿° jpg
pv2715
07-12 06:41 PM
That may not be true. I had read somewhere (in this forum) that DOS sets up cut-off dates as 01, 08, 14, and 22, and 01 includes from 1st to 7th, 08 includes 8th to 13th, and so on and so forth.
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
dresses Army wives estate agents
little_willy
09-18 11:44 PM
I was there and am proud to be part of such dedicated individuals:) It was great to catch up with Aman, pappu, logiclife etc. Most of the congressmen's office I met were of the view that it is high time we come out in open and fight for our cause. One legal aide explained me how ignorant most of the lawmakers are when it comes to legal vs illegal immigrants. This rally will be an eyeopener for few of them for sure.
Those who missed, I can assure you that Immigration voice is moving in the right direction. With a leader like Aman and unrelenting individuals like Jay(logiclife) and Himanshu(pappu), we can hope to achieve great things.
For individuals who had to excuse themselves from the rally or from any contribution, my question is, when the high profile attorneys and lawmakers believe that we can make a huge impact, why, you being the beneficiary of the very cause and were able to file 485 because of IV's efforts, fail to understand that we could make a difference. It is high time you participate in this effort.
Those who missed, I can assure you that Immigration voice is moving in the right direction. With a leader like Aman and unrelenting individuals like Jay(logiclife) and Himanshu(pappu), we can hope to achieve great things.
For individuals who had to excuse themselves from the rally or from any contribution, my question is, when the high profile attorneys and lawmakers believe that we can make a huge impact, why, you being the beneficiary of the very cause and were able to file 485 because of IV's efforts, fail to understand that we could make a difference. It is high time you participate in this effort.
more...
makeup Army wives married images

delhiguy
07-09 02:22 PM
http://www.ahslaw.com/documents/AHSLawsuit.pdf
This document gives lot of legal details, states what the lawsuits exactly is..
P.S : I Think its just filed, not accepted by the court as of now
This document gives lot of legal details, states what the lawsuits exactly is..
P.S : I Think its just filed, not accepted by the court as of now
girlfriend For Army Wives#39; third season, Tony Award-winning actress Kelly Bishop will
CSPAvictim
07-09 06:53 PM
I have a question: If this is indeed an internal DOS regulation, which it most probably is, does it mean that DOS can make changes without sufficient notice to the applicants/public? Does the Administrative Procedures Act come into play in such a situation?
Remember this is internal DoS regulation and not a US Code or Law. They can change at any time and way they want to.
The whole law-suit is essentially about hardship caused to applicants in multiple dimensions with a sprinkling of violation of law (info on which is still quiet hazy )to give some back-bone to the argument in the law-suit!
Remember this is internal DoS regulation and not a US Code or Law. They can change at any time and way they want to.
The whole law-suit is essentially about hardship caused to applicants in multiple dimensions with a sprinkling of violation of law (info on which is still quiet hazy )to give some back-bone to the argument in the law-suit!
hairstyles Army Wives - Season 5
Sachin_Stock
06-10 01:58 PM
You did not submit because it was ok for you. I know people who got RFE asking for employment proof.
It might be case that their case numbers were associated with firms who were sponsored initially by 'desi' consulting. Hence more rigorous checks for them. I didn't submit employment letter. I wasn't even ASKED for one. None of the questions in form asked for employer name. None of the mail-in items included employer letter either.
It might be case that their case numbers were associated with firms who were sponsored initially by 'desi' consulting. Hence more rigorous checks for them. I didn't submit employment letter. I wasn't even ASKED for one. None of the questions in form asked for employer name. None of the mail-in items included employer letter either.
wait4ever
09-26 10:16 AM
Enough Said - correction required.
nomi
12-12 04:57 PM
All of the documents in this link are written by
"Micheal Aytes /s/,
Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security"
I wonder if he is the person we should be talking to. Although the document does not indicate which city he works in. He should at leats be able to tell us who in USCIS makes these decisions if he is not the right person.
Also I was not able to find anything about not allowing concurrently to file 140/485 applications. Where was this information published? Does anyone know?
12/11/2006: USCIS Considers Termination of Concurrent Filing (140/485)
According to the USCIS rule-making agenda, the USCIS is to propose to terminate current concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing. The proposed rule is scheduled to be published in March 2007 with 60-day comment period. It is thus not imminent, but in the later part of next year(Oops!), the immigrant community may see a totally different filing procedure including electronic registration and filing just like current PERM labor certificaiton application procedure. Once the concurrent filing is terminated, the immigrants may experience a terrible pain as related to maintenance of nonimmigrant status pending I-140 petition, eligibility for 245K benefit, plus unavailability of EAD and AP pending I-140 petition, AC-21 180-day portability, etc. etc. Should the I-140 petition processing be dragged, the pain will be extremely unbearable
http://www.immigration-law.com/
"Micheal Aytes /s/,
Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security"
I wonder if he is the person we should be talking to. Although the document does not indicate which city he works in. He should at leats be able to tell us who in USCIS makes these decisions if he is not the right person.
Also I was not able to find anything about not allowing concurrently to file 140/485 applications. Where was this information published? Does anyone know?
12/11/2006: USCIS Considers Termination of Concurrent Filing (140/485)
According to the USCIS rule-making agenda, the USCIS is to propose to terminate current concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing. The proposed rule is scheduled to be published in March 2007 with 60-day comment period. It is thus not imminent, but in the later part of next year(Oops!), the immigrant community may see a totally different filing procedure including electronic registration and filing just like current PERM labor certificaiton application procedure. Once the concurrent filing is terminated, the immigrants may experience a terrible pain as related to maintenance of nonimmigrant status pending I-140 petition, eligibility for 245K benefit, plus unavailability of EAD and AP pending I-140 petition, AC-21 180-day portability, etc. etc. Should the I-140 petition processing be dragged, the pain will be extremely unbearable
http://www.immigration-law.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment