luvschocolates
08-20 09:59 PM
I received my RFE today and I am totally shocked and in a state of panic because they are asking for a lot of things to be submitted in 30 days and there is absolutely no way at this point that I can get $1000 together for the I-485 Supplement A form, PLUS the money to see a civil surgeon for a medical exam. Those are the two most important forms they are requesting but there are still 3 more forms aside from that. I am also required to show evidence of valid entry which I don't understand. When I came here, I was engaged to be married. I had only my birth certificate and driver's license when I went through customs in 2003. I was not required to have a passport so I have nothing at this point to show them. How do I deal with this to show I did not enter the country illegally? I did not marry my fiance in the end, but I did acquire employment with his relatives and I am still with them. I take care of a disabled person in the home and there is no way they will accept another person at this time. Not after 6 years. This is like family to me now and I can't just expect someone to take my place and do what I do. It doesn't work that way. We already went through the process of offering this position to someone else who was born and raised here and nobody wanted the job. We had one phone call over a 3 week period and nothing came of it. I do not receive monetary wages, I get room and board, therefore I do not have the money I need to submit this supplement A form and the people I live with are not able to just toss out that kind of money either. They also want me to submit evidence that I have maintained non-immigrant status - what the heck is that? I have filed every application that they have requested until now - nothing was ever said about this non-immigrant status stuff. I am confused and totally at a loss.
I am outraged that after not hearing ONE thing from them in over 2 years, that all of a sudden I am supposed to come up with all this stuff, hand over money I don't have and still not be assured my green card.
I was never aware that I had to submit an I-485 Supplement A form - why? Why has no one told me about this before now? I never saw one thing on the I-485 form that I filled out that a supplement was needed. I was not told I had to see a civil surgeon to submit a medical exam and any CS available is 4 hours away in any direction after checking out the list on the USCIS website. The household I live in is not able to just up and go whenever USCIS demands it and they are making our lives very difficult right now.
How do I handle this?
They say I have 33 days to get this cleared up and without employment for wages, this is impossible. Any previous forms I submitted were ones I was prepared for and I had help from a friend at the time, but that was over 2 years ago and I cannot expect other people to just hand over money now, especially $1000.
I am not leaving this household - there is no way I can abandon the person I live with and entrust them to someone else and there is no way this person would ever stand for that.
Is there anything that can be done to either get an extension or get around the I-485 supplement A? I am not as concerned about the civil surgeon exam, but I don't have a clue how much that will cost and again, I don't know how I will get the money to do that either.
I am really ticked with USCIS and their utter lack of correspondence and then expecting me to bleed money from a stone for them. They are not in any hurry to process my application so why do I need to be? I've been here this long, what's another few years?
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?
I am outraged that after not hearing ONE thing from them in over 2 years, that all of a sudden I am supposed to come up with all this stuff, hand over money I don't have and still not be assured my green card.
I was never aware that I had to submit an I-485 Supplement A form - why? Why has no one told me about this before now? I never saw one thing on the I-485 form that I filled out that a supplement was needed. I was not told I had to see a civil surgeon to submit a medical exam and any CS available is 4 hours away in any direction after checking out the list on the USCIS website. The household I live in is not able to just up and go whenever USCIS demands it and they are making our lives very difficult right now.
How do I handle this?
They say I have 33 days to get this cleared up and without employment for wages, this is impossible. Any previous forms I submitted were ones I was prepared for and I had help from a friend at the time, but that was over 2 years ago and I cannot expect other people to just hand over money now, especially $1000.
I am not leaving this household - there is no way I can abandon the person I live with and entrust them to someone else and there is no way this person would ever stand for that.
Is there anything that can be done to either get an extension or get around the I-485 supplement A? I am not as concerned about the civil surgeon exam, but I don't have a clue how much that will cost and again, I don't know how I will get the money to do that either.
I am really ticked with USCIS and their utter lack of correspondence and then expecting me to bleed money from a stone for them. They are not in any hurry to process my application so why do I need to be? I've been here this long, what's another few years?
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?
wallpaper Wales says Yes in referendum
BharatPremi
03-17 02:03 PM
Are you saying EB3-India visa date will be set as Jan 2004 by USCIS some time soon? I thought they kept saying that EB3-India dates would move very slowly only. So from the current Oct 2001 to Jan 2004 is a very long and narrow road.
Applicants with PD before January First 2004 will mostly be current by December 2008 end. That is what I belive, USCIS will head towards. If it will not happen than do not kill me.:) Ultimately we all are in USCIS's lap..
Applicants with PD before January First 2004 will mostly be current by December 2008 end. That is what I belive, USCIS will head towards. If it will not happen than do not kill me.:) Ultimately we all are in USCIS's lap..
mbawa2574
10-20 07:21 PM
You all have to look at this strategically. We all know at this stage of the election that Obama will likely win. We also know that congress is currently controlled by Democrats. If we have both congress and white house being controlled by democrats, then it is likely that we will have more things accomplished than if we have one party holding to one and another party holding to the other.
Forget the election rhetoric, Obama is not against legal immigrants (neither is McCain). At this stage, we have to look at the big picture which I just highlighted. What we should be working for right now (well I know we are not partisan) is for more democrats to win seats at the congressional and senate level so that bills that are pushed forward we have a better chance of passing and hopefully the ones that favor us and eliminate this backlog too.
So please you all should support Rick Norriega for TX senate (and all Democrat senatorial and congressional candidates) You can check out his immigration plan here http://www.ricknoriega.com/assets/img/immigration_plan.pdf
What say you??
Though I find a better friend in John McCain for our cause. Still I agree with you that It will be good if the same party controls the congress and has president.
Bills will have better chance of passing that way and our issues may get addressed. On Obama- He is in bed with Durban on employment based immigration. I have no hopes from him. Illegals will get green cards before us if Obama comes to power as it serves his redistribution of wealth formula and will be priority for him.
I will be really amazed if he does something for us.
McCain is friendly to legal immigrants, is for last low taxes and pro-business.
So careless what a blue collar guy loaded with debt thinks about Mccain, do what is good for you and the country you live in.
Forget the election rhetoric, Obama is not against legal immigrants (neither is McCain). At this stage, we have to look at the big picture which I just highlighted. What we should be working for right now (well I know we are not partisan) is for more democrats to win seats at the congressional and senate level so that bills that are pushed forward we have a better chance of passing and hopefully the ones that favor us and eliminate this backlog too.
So please you all should support Rick Norriega for TX senate (and all Democrat senatorial and congressional candidates) You can check out his immigration plan here http://www.ricknoriega.com/assets/img/immigration_plan.pdf
What say you??
Though I find a better friend in John McCain for our cause. Still I agree with you that It will be good if the same party controls the congress and has president.
Bills will have better chance of passing that way and our issues may get addressed. On Obama- He is in bed with Durban on employment based immigration. I have no hopes from him. Illegals will get green cards before us if Obama comes to power as it serves his redistribution of wealth formula and will be priority for him.
I will be really amazed if he does something for us.
McCain is friendly to legal immigrants, is for last low taxes and pro-business.
So careless what a blue collar guy loaded with debt thinks about Mccain, do what is good for you and the country you live in.
2011 May 20, 2011 | ONLINE ONLY
unknown123
03-12 02:14 AM
I support.. I've contributed earlier and will contribute again.
I think we should first raise awareness on the problem like I-485 pending for more than 2 years for more than xxx applicants, who played by the rules, paid taxes, etc......
Visa re-capture is one (or may be the only one) solution of above problem.
Just my thought
I think we should first raise awareness on the problem like I-485 pending for more than 2 years for more than xxx applicants, who played by the rules, paid taxes, etc......
Visa re-capture is one (or may be the only one) solution of above problem.
Just my thought
more...
sodh
07-25 02:51 PM
http://www.google.com/answers/threadview?id=559556
If an applicant for adjustment wishes to take a new job in the same
or similar occupational classification at the job that was the basis
of his or her employment-based I-140 AND the I-485 has been pending
180 days or more, the new employer may be substituted into the
existing I-485 application without disrupting the application at all.
This is accomplished very easily - NO new petition and no new fees.
Step 1: The applicant notifies INS of the change in intent by letter.
Step 2: The Service should then make a request for a letter of
employment from the new employer.
Voila! Done deal."
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2001,0705-Latour.shtm
This is not new but only Lawyers and the employers who filed your GC knows what position and job duties on which they applied your GC.
If an applicant for adjustment wishes to take a new job in the same
or similar occupational classification at the job that was the basis
of his or her employment-based I-140 AND the I-485 has been pending
180 days or more, the new employer may be substituted into the
existing I-485 application without disrupting the application at all.
This is accomplished very easily - NO new petition and no new fees.
Step 1: The applicant notifies INS of the change in intent by letter.
Step 2: The Service should then make a request for a letter of
employment from the new employer.
Voila! Done deal."
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2001,0705-Latour.shtm
This is not new but only Lawyers and the employers who filed your GC knows what position and job duties on which they applied your GC.
suriajay12
02-19 06:56 AM
How exactly are illegals going to prove that they have been here for more than 5 years?
I think this is a good one. It supports legal immigrants.
I dont agreee with this dvb guy. 5 years legally is lots of time. And I now know people who are 10-15 years here. He will want to say the same tthing even in that case. Instead learn to rationalize and make sure if one thinks one is eligivle, then see how one can get included.crab behavior, the one at bottom pulls down the one thats climbing up. Finally both end at dinner table.
I think this is a good one. It supports legal immigrants.
I dont agreee with this dvb guy. 5 years legally is lots of time. And I now know people who are 10-15 years here. He will want to say the same tthing even in that case. Instead learn to rationalize and make sure if one thinks one is eligivle, then see how one can get included.crab behavior, the one at bottom pulls down the one thats climbing up. Finally both end at dinner table.
more...
pointlesswait
07-14 09:17 AM
i think this is the most logical reasoning!
but the million $ question is: is for how long! :confused:
In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.
but the million $ question is: is for how long! :confused:
In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.
2010 AV referendum results for West
pmb76
03-18 06:47 PM
Now for the rest of this year the EB2 queues for China and India are merged. Visa allocations will be solely based on Priority date. So for example if India has many priority dates that are before China's, India may end up getting more visa allocations. The same holds true if China has earlier priority dates than India does. That's how I inderstood it and I thought I would try to explain it to some who did not. Otherwise sorry for stating the obvious.
more...
arupkumarsaha
07-28 10:54 AM
its amrit..drink of the gods...so its befitting.
What is next ?
Lord Ganesha on the ad of a cathouse called "Apsaras" , that also befits the taste of gods !
Let me also add that am so fat that people had nicknamed me "ganesh" and I raise objections at every possible reasons whenever the "ganesh" sysmbol is propley misused (like my nickname :-) .
cheers,
Arup
What is next ?
Lord Ganesha on the ad of a cathouse called "Apsaras" , that also befits the taste of gods !
Let me also add that am so fat that people had nicknamed me "ganesh" and I raise objections at every possible reasons whenever the "ganesh" sysmbol is propley misused (like my nickname :-) .
cheers,
Arup
hair Elections and Referendum on
ashishgour
09-10 02:39 PM
can some one pls post the link for live telecast
thanks
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
thanks
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
more...

jamesbond007
09-10 01:54 PM
Could someone post periodic updates for the benefit of those who do not have real player? (and are not allowed top install it)
Thanks
Thanks
hot 2011. Voters in the UK are
eager_immi
07-05 12:59 PM
This poll is useless. Majority people on this website don'y pay a dime, for obvious reasons they want this to to be an unpaid site. Not that I care either way since I have done what I think is right.
No need to conduct this poll. What's your point? go by the
majority if they say no?
Make it 20$ per month and be done with it. Those who couldn't do this
are unlikely to be helpful anyway.
No need to conduct this poll. What's your point? go by the
majority if they say no?
Make it 20$ per month and be done with it. Those who couldn't do this
are unlikely to be helpful anyway.
more...
house Divorce Referendum 2011
tonyHK12
02-10 10:41 AM
I have about 9500 miles in Delta.
As StarSun mentioned, we need a volunteer to maintain a spreadsheet of miles, accomodations for matching. Can someone take this up?
Can anyone suggest hotels and/or if already booked can you post those hotel name & locations?
Also, just a suggestion, this thread is getting complicated as far as matching donors with travelers is concerned... May be create a Google spreadsheet with all the donors (miles, accommodations) and match them with travelers from just one central location?
As StarSun mentioned, we need a volunteer to maintain a spreadsheet of miles, accomodations for matching. Can someone take this up?
Can anyone suggest hotels and/or if already booked can you post those hotel name & locations?
Also, just a suggestion, this thread is getting complicated as far as matching donors with travelers is concerned... May be create a Google spreadsheet with all the donors (miles, accommodations) and match them with travelers from just one central location?
tattoo A referendum will be held on
GCanyMinute
08-02 03:17 PM
The unavailabilty of a Visa number does not 'cancel' an I-485 that has already been filed.
It merely means that one cannot file an I-485, OR if one has previously filed (during a period when cut-off dates were not retrogressed) an I-485, it cannot be approved.
USCIS may have proceeded very far on your case... but they (like you) must wait for an available number before approving your I-485.
By the way, I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you: my PD is 03may02, everything but I-485 approved. My only difference was that my i-140 was approved in may 2005, a month before the retrogression crash: just missed getting GC, now expecting to wait 2 more years.:(
Thanks for your comments!! it is good to know that i'm not alone in the road lol !! but hey do you really think that it is gonna take 2 years for our PD ?? That's just crazy I don't know if I'm willing to wait that long... (of course I'll but ya know just some drama :p )
It merely means that one cannot file an I-485, OR if one has previously filed (during a period when cut-off dates were not retrogressed) an I-485, it cannot be approved.
USCIS may have proceeded very far on your case... but they (like you) must wait for an available number before approving your I-485.
By the way, I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you: my PD is 03may02, everything but I-485 approved. My only difference was that my i-140 was approved in may 2005, a month before the retrogression crash: just missed getting GC, now expecting to wait 2 more years.:(
Thanks for your comments!! it is good to know that i'm not alone in the road lol !! but hey do you really think that it is gonna take 2 years for our PD ?? That's just crazy I don't know if I'm willing to wait that long... (of course I'll but ya know just some drama :p )
more...
pictures vote referendum.
hopefulgc
10-15 04:35 PM
^^
This is exactly what we need. Let us get going on this people.
Nixstor, a suggestion ... maybe add a poll to this so we can track how many have sent this letter.
IV has been working with officials in DHS (not USCIS) to find the exact number of AOS applications pending sorted by priority date, per country, per category.
Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.
FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERDT5F3P) or Google docs (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddkc5z3x_1f5nvp5gm) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.
If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.
(1) Download attachment
(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it
(3) Notarize it and mail it
This is exactly what we need. Let us get going on this people.
Nixstor, a suggestion ... maybe add a poll to this so we can track how many have sent this letter.
IV has been working with officials in DHS (not USCIS) to find the exact number of AOS applications pending sorted by priority date, per country, per category.
Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.
FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERDT5F3P) or Google docs (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddkc5z3x_1f5nvp5gm) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.
If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.
(1) Download attachment
(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it
(3) Notarize it and mail it
dresses electoral reform politics uk
Lasantha
03-19 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info!!
I called USCIS this morning and the lady took 3 mnute to explain me why the delay was happening. She mentioned that they will conduct a sweep on Fri Apr 4th to determine the I-485 cases in light of new visa bulletin and that cases will be assigned to IOs by Mon Apr 14th.
Not that I believe on help desk type of info with their primary job is get the caller off the phone but I have to admit that she was polite.
I will call again on Apr 4th and keep the forum updated.
I called USCIS this morning and the lady took 3 mnute to explain me why the delay was happening. She mentioned that they will conduct a sweep on Fri Apr 4th to determine the I-485 cases in light of new visa bulletin and that cases will be assigned to IOs by Mon Apr 14th.
Not that I believe on help desk type of info with their primary job is get the caller off the phone but I have to admit that she was polite.
I will call again on Apr 4th and keep the forum updated.
more...
makeup Election Referendum leaflet
gc28262
06-10 11:06 PM
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
girlfriend the UK-wide referendum on
perm2gc
12-27 12:34 AM
One More
http://www.chicagosamachar.com/default.php?ad_id=9049
http://www.chicagosamachar.com/default.php?ad_id=9049
hairstyles In the recent referendum in
yagw
09-17 05:00 PM
[ sorry if not relevant to the OP.]
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2008/tc20080915_270731.htm?campaign_id=yhoo
The study shows the U.S. still leads the world in the "human capital" category, which measures the number of students attending universities, a country's capacity to train scientists and engineers, and employment in the tech sector as a percentage of the overall workforce. Here too, though, the U.S. lead is threatened. While students from other countries still flock to U.S. universities to get their MBAs and PhDs, tight immigration policies are causing more of those students to go home after graduation. "Our own education system is not producing the innovators we need," Estrin says. "And we're not opening our doors to the best people, and our immigration policy is such that we have been making it harder for them to stay, and so they are going home and innovating elsewhere."
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2008/tc20080915_270731.htm?campaign_id=yhoo
The study shows the U.S. still leads the world in the "human capital" category, which measures the number of students attending universities, a country's capacity to train scientists and engineers, and employment in the tech sector as a percentage of the overall workforce. Here too, though, the U.S. lead is threatened. While students from other countries still flock to U.S. universities to get their MBAs and PhDs, tight immigration policies are causing more of those students to go home after graduation. "Our own education system is not producing the innovators we need," Estrin says. "And we're not opening our doors to the best people, and our immigration policy is such that we have been making it harder for them to stay, and so they are going home and innovating elsewhere."
Novice
07-15 12:31 PM
I have an AP and my Priority date is current. What will happend to my AP when my 485 is approved and I am out of country?
nirenjoshi
01-18 10:09 AM
In addition, only 2 out of the 100 pages have any useful content. Most of the posts are attitude problems.
Just signed up for $20/month..
Subscription#S-8CN546654G0240130
Just signed up for $20/month..
Subscription#S-8CN546654G0240130



No comments:
Post a Comment