Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So close yet so far! « Mindsett

All I want to do is relax, think about the house for next semester, and travel. I'm so excited about this summer because this has been one of the craziest school years that I've ever experienced–mostly due to incredibly important decision making–and I need a BREAK. I signed a lease for a house , began a serious long-term relationship with my boyfriend, got accepted into the BFA program and now I'm writing a resume to look for internships and jobs? Man, I'm getting old…

Out of all of those major events, the house was by far the most stressful decision I've ever made in my life; even worse than applying to colleges. That damn house created such a catastrophe between my friends and I it was ridiculous. I bet I can name every landlord in New Paltz; that's how long we've been searching. But as soon as we walked into the one we were getting we knew it was right. And now, the next big item on the list is furnishing the place, which isn't as difficult as I was expecting it to be. In fact, we already acquired a ridiculous amount of couches and are basically handing them out to anyone who needs them. This is because I am a ridiculously experienced dumpster diver. Not that I literally dive into dumpsters looking for shit, but anything anyone puts out on their lawn I make note of, and always have. I live by the motto "One man's junk is another man's treasure." I'm not sure how my friends feel about living with second-hand furniture, but what they don't know won't hurt them, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment