diptam
09-28 10:09 AM
We have given some our most energetic and productive years of life in this country. We paid taxes,we spent money here,we got set with the way of life and peoples here.
There is no question of running away. We got the skills,qualifications , attitude - we can settle anywhere we want - That's not an issue. Ther issue is that we should not run away from Problems. Otherwise where ever we go - we will have to moveout from there too in couple of years - who knows !!
At the end of the day, its comes to ones preferences.
The way i look at, after spending so many years in states, its just hard to pack and move. Over the period of time, we make friends, we have familes and above all we invest the best years of our lives.
Pros and cons will be everywhere.
India no doubt has changed a lot. One can debate about the pros and cons the whole day. I dont think money is a problem in india any more. The economy is growing like anything and will keep on growing. No doubt about it.
I am sure folks who have spent 7-8 years in this country and are still trying to settle down, will love every oppurtunity to settle down here. Because this country is like our home now. We have given it everything. We have made sincere efforts in helping the American economy grow.
Even if we move to other countries, there is no gurantee we will be treated good. We have to start from scratch, make friends, earn peoples respect and trust.
Sometimes i feel sad when people talk about leaving the country, to whom they have given everything.
I will like to ask everyone one question.
Why not give one good shot at trying to fix the broken Employement-Based green card system? What are we all scared off? We never did anything wrong, so why do we need to leave the country?
Folks think about it.
I am sorry if i offended anyone, but this is what i feel.
I believe in fixing things then running away from them. Thats my take.
GO IV GO
TOGETHER WE CAN
There is no question of running away. We got the skills,qualifications , attitude - we can settle anywhere we want - That's not an issue. Ther issue is that we should not run away from Problems. Otherwise where ever we go - we will have to moveout from there too in couple of years - who knows !!
At the end of the day, its comes to ones preferences.
The way i look at, after spending so many years in states, its just hard to pack and move. Over the period of time, we make friends, we have familes and above all we invest the best years of our lives.
Pros and cons will be everywhere.
India no doubt has changed a lot. One can debate about the pros and cons the whole day. I dont think money is a problem in india any more. The economy is growing like anything and will keep on growing. No doubt about it.
I am sure folks who have spent 7-8 years in this country and are still trying to settle down, will love every oppurtunity to settle down here. Because this country is like our home now. We have given it everything. We have made sincere efforts in helping the American economy grow.
Even if we move to other countries, there is no gurantee we will be treated good. We have to start from scratch, make friends, earn peoples respect and trust.
Sometimes i feel sad when people talk about leaving the country, to whom they have given everything.
I will like to ask everyone one question.
Why not give one good shot at trying to fix the broken Employement-Based green card system? What are we all scared off? We never did anything wrong, so why do we need to leave the country?
Folks think about it.
I am sorry if i offended anyone, but this is what i feel.
I believe in fixing things then running away from them. Thats my take.
GO IV GO
TOGETHER WE CAN
wallpaper quotes about dreams and goals.

kaisersose
07-14 05:56 PM
Should I send a AC21 letter to USCIS along with my new employment letter?
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
Of course, you know your problems best, but it was obviously irresponsible of you to quit before letting 180 days pass after applying for 485.
Here is the problem. The letter of employment you send to CIS must have a start date which will expose your violation of the 180 day rule. So unless you lie here, you are likely in in trouble. Your best bet is to suck it up and return to your sponsoring employer. That will ensure your case 100%. Any other option is risky.
Go to a knowledged attorney. Khanna, Murthy, Gotcher etc., are the names I know.
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
Of course, you know your problems best, but it was obviously irresponsible of you to quit before letting 180 days pass after applying for 485.
Here is the problem. The letter of employment you send to CIS must have a start date which will expose your violation of the 180 day rule. So unless you lie here, you are likely in in trouble. Your best bet is to suck it up and return to your sponsoring employer. That will ensure your case 100%. Any other option is risky.
Go to a knowledged attorney. Khanna, Murthy, Gotcher etc., are the names I know.
GCVivek
03-21 02:50 PM
Consultants end up being cheaper for companies. Much cheaper! No labor tax, no payroll tax, no health insurance (over $500), no any insurance, no contributions to 401K and many more expenses. Plus $12K and then what? You will leave the firm in 6 months. Plus you cannot say that ONLY they got their worth from your services. They paid you what you are worth too! Right?
Green card processing costs only $12000 max..Its not a big deal for such big companies.They just dont want to do the favor.
getting green card itself takes min 10 years. so you r going to stick on to this company until that time. is that not a gaurantee. working for 10 years with same company.
you know y consulting companies file green card immediately. they do that becos the employee will stay with the company for a while.American companies do not realize this.
one of my friend came back to compny as a consultant. now they are paying two times more than what they were oaying him as full time employee. is that not an expense to the company...why they r paying him that much now , instead they should have filed his green card.
Green card processing costs only $12000 max..Its not a big deal for such big companies.They just dont want to do the favor.
getting green card itself takes min 10 years. so you r going to stick on to this company until that time. is that not a gaurantee. working for 10 years with same company.
you know y consulting companies file green card immediately. they do that becos the employee will stay with the company for a while.American companies do not realize this.
one of my friend came back to compny as a consultant. now they are paying two times more than what they were oaying him as full time employee. is that not an expense to the company...why they r paying him that much now , instead they should have filed his green card.
2011 Quotes About Dreams And Goals.
GCard_Dream
12-28 12:26 PM
Both of the flights were on the same itinerary and were booked through Thai. United was asking for money for international part of the travel because he said that Thai would charge United for the extra weight if United checked in the luggage all the way to Bangkok, which isn't really true because Thai did allow 70 LB then. I am not sure what the regulation is now.
I think you are right that the guy was probably ignorant and didn't really care becasue I wasn't flying United after LA anyways.
i have never had that problem
may have been because you booked those flights separately, if they are on the same itinerary and both were booked through Thai, United should not do that, guess they don't care because you are not continuing on United. btw how could they demand money for the international part of the flight- they are not Thai and their rules don't apply...i also think the person you dealt with was ignorant...
the problem i have seen- you fly into the US and have a connecting flight onwards- if you take it withing 24 hrs ie same day- bags just continue- if not you are stuck with domestic rules. now it no longer matters on american carriers at least, intl allowance has also been decreased to 50 lbs.
I think you are right that the guy was probably ignorant and didn't really care becasue I wasn't flying United after LA anyways.
i have never had that problem
may have been because you booked those flights separately, if they are on the same itinerary and both were booked through Thai, United should not do that, guess they don't care because you are not continuing on United. btw how could they demand money for the international part of the flight- they are not Thai and their rules don't apply...i also think the person you dealt with was ignorant...
the problem i have seen- you fly into the US and have a connecting flight onwards- if you take it withing 24 hrs ie same day- bags just continue- if not you are stuck with domestic rules. now it no longer matters on american carriers at least, intl allowance has also been decreased to 50 lbs.
more...
ncrtpMay2004
11-11 09:33 AM
Anything possible in the lame duck session.
abhijitp
07-25 09:37 AM
Yes, I have this feeling already. Now, what happens if someone switches jobs using AC-21 and then this RFE is received? You have to submit the NEW employment / offer letter right? So how does this help the current employer to stop you from switching jobs?
Bump... experts, please opine.
Bump... experts, please opine.
more...
h1techSlave
12-10 10:39 PM
The solution to all our visa backlog issues is:
1. Stop marrying.......
2. Dont have children ...or atleast not in your home country
Brilliant!
or marry American girl
1. Stop marrying.......
2. Dont have children ...or atleast not in your home country
Brilliant!
or marry American girl
2010 Achievement Quotes, Pictures

go_gc_way
12-31 07:47 PM
I thought you said you posted in detroit website as well? Have you not?
YES, WILLBLUCKY, POSTED ON 28TH
DID NOT KNOW FOR DETROIT, WILL UP DATE THE TABLE LATER.
http://www.viaindia.com/apps/ads/details.aspx?id=137194&mid=18&CAT=Announcements
Relax, it is accessed 58 times so far.
YES, WILLBLUCKY, POSTED ON 28TH
DID NOT KNOW FOR DETROIT, WILL UP DATE THE TABLE LATER.
http://www.viaindia.com/apps/ads/details.aspx?id=137194&mid=18&CAT=Announcements
Relax, it is accessed 58 times so far.
more...
SunnySurya
07-28 12:08 PM
In my case, you are the Judge , Jury and the excutioner.
In your case, it will be the government and legal system of the USA and actually there is law preventing such things. So I was not kidding.
The transcripts on this thread will serve as a record, if need be..
And what about giving your IP address to authorities because you incited my religious feelings?
In your case, it will be the government and legal system of the USA and actually there is law preventing such things. So I was not kidding.
The transcripts on this thread will serve as a record, if need be..
And what about giving your IP address to authorities because you incited my religious feelings?
hair famous quotes about dreams.
jcmenon
07-25 01:22 PM
"Dude/Dudette, I give up. The alien's eligibility and admissibility is decided at I-485 stage - FBI name checks, medical tests ring a bell? The law explicitly states that visa number availabililty is a pre-requisite for the adjustment of status application in 245(a)(3). If you can't understand - or choose to refuse to understand - plain English, have fun arguing with yourself".
Dude I apologize if my line of argument is irritating you so much. btw 245(a)(3) is not plain english its legalese. And I'm not the one arguing with myself there are others in this thread who read the law along the same lines. Anyway this forum is for debate and thats what we are doing.
Probably this option is not attractive to you that you are so pissed with it.
Btw I'm contacting some attorneys on my personal expense to interpret this.
If they reach the same conclusion as you I'll be happy to accept it, i have no issues and I'll post it on this thread.
But the fact is at this point I still believe there may just be a 1% chance.
Thanks a lot, please keep us posted about the outcome, even if we have one percent of hope, there is no harm trying that.
Dude I apologize if my line of argument is irritating you so much. btw 245(a)(3) is not plain english its legalese. And I'm not the one arguing with myself there are others in this thread who read the law along the same lines. Anyway this forum is for debate and thats what we are doing.
Probably this option is not attractive to you that you are so pissed with it.
Btw I'm contacting some attorneys on my personal expense to interpret this.
If they reach the same conclusion as you I'll be happy to accept it, i have no issues and I'll post it on this thread.
But the fact is at this point I still believe there may just be a 1% chance.
Thanks a lot, please keep us posted about the outcome, even if we have one percent of hope, there is no harm trying that.
more...
feedfront
05-18 12:26 PM
It was for medical form:
1) As X-Ray report was missing (and my medical report had +ve in TB test),
2) My physician was no longer in USCIS's current list of doctors.
All the best.
1) As X-Ray report was missing (and my medical report had +ve in TB test),
2) My physician was no longer in USCIS's current list of doctors.
All the best.
hot quotes about dreams.

raj2007
12-20 08:33 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Logiclife. I enter U.S in the first week of Feb, 2001. The economy was bad and I didn't manage to get a job. In fact, I didn't managed to get a job for a year. My then employer didn't revoked my H1B and the I-94 was valid until Oct, 2002. I didn't know that I was out of status till now. I don't remember seeing any section in I-485 form, asking for information about out of status. I did attach my previous H1-B approval notice(2000 -2002) while filing I-485. One thing I want to know is, did anyone got a query(RFE), asking to provide all W2 forms since their entry into this country? I am interested to know that.
You are OK.. they problem should have come in 2002 when you changed ur H1B not now and max they will ask for 3 year W2. Don't worry..everything is fine.
You are OK.. they problem should have come in 2002 when you changed ur H1B not now and max they will ask for 3 year W2. Don't worry..everything is fine.
more...
house funny love quotes and sayings
GreenLantern
02-16 07:37 PM
Very nice. :thumb: :thumb: (Two thumbs up)
tattoo hot short quotes about dreams.
karanp25
07-14 06:34 PM
That's possible too. Please share when you received this RFE?
Is it possible they are trying to adjudicate my 485. I am EB2 India PD: JAN 2006.
Is it possible they are trying to adjudicate my 485. I am EB2 India PD: JAN 2006.
more...
pictures Quotes: dreams come true
eeezzz
03-04 03:39 PM
According to Mr. Gotcher (http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4409)
Here are of the 5th and 6th paragraphs from Visa Quotas section at the very first post.
In addition to the �fall down� numbers, there are also �spill over� numbers. That is, to the extent that the worldwide category does not use all of the numbers available to it, the remaining numbers spill over and become available to the countries that are impacted by the single country limit.
In order for there to be spill over numbers, however, the worldwide third preference category much be �current� (that is, it may not have a cutoff date). When this happens, then unused worldwide numbers spill over and become available for applicants affected by the single country limit.
Here are of the 5th and 6th paragraphs from Visa Quotas section at the very first post.
In addition to the �fall down� numbers, there are also �spill over� numbers. That is, to the extent that the worldwide category does not use all of the numbers available to it, the remaining numbers spill over and become available to the countries that are impacted by the single country limit.
In order for there to be spill over numbers, however, the worldwide third preference category much be �current� (that is, it may not have a cutoff date). When this happens, then unused worldwide numbers spill over and become available for applicants affected by the single country limit.
dresses famous quotes about dreams
ps57002
08-15 07:07 AM
are color copies necessary. I'm clueless and trust lawyer's office to know..they seem they know what they are doing. I wasn't asked to make copies, just bring in my recent passport (i have 3 old ones...been in this country too long on F-1 etc) and I'm assuming she made color copies..not sure. Is that trouble?
Also do you NEED to submitt ALL your previous stay details on F1 etc and have all docs related to that. They didn't ask me all that, only H1 stuff as I've been in USA for 16 yrs, so it's hard to give everything related to that...
Please advise. I know I will get RFE anyways as I don't have time to get the medical done and will be submitting without that and most likely with a copy of PERM, not actual hard copy, since it won't come on time.
Plz advise....thanks...oh and the fees are? Nervous. lawyer made me make checks payable to USCIS and I see some people sayng "dept of homeland security"...please advise.
Also do you NEED to submitt ALL your previous stay details on F1 etc and have all docs related to that. They didn't ask me all that, only H1 stuff as I've been in USA for 16 yrs, so it's hard to give everything related to that...
Please advise. I know I will get RFE anyways as I don't have time to get the medical done and will be submitting without that and most likely with a copy of PERM, not actual hard copy, since it won't come on time.
Plz advise....thanks...oh and the fees are? Nervous. lawyer made me make checks payable to USCIS and I see some people sayng "dept of homeland security"...please advise.
more...
makeup short quotes about dreams.
nixstor
07-05 03:47 PM
Since the sentiment is so strong against freeloaders - aren't all the people not donating to AILF freeloaders too ? Let's donate to AILF too while we are at it...
My posts were not intended towards any one particular incident. I am talking about the lack of understanding behind the website, its main agenda and what we as a community should do. It is not about for one particular incident.
My posts were not intended towards any one particular incident. I am talking about the lack of understanding behind the website, its main agenda and what we as a community should do. It is not about for one particular incident.
girlfriend cute quotes about dreams. cute
bodhi_tree
06-06 01:59 PM
We got the "welcome" and "card production ordered" email for my wife and I today too. It was a long frustrating wait at times but I am glad its over for us now. Our best wishes to those that are still waiting.
No RFE at any stage, straight forward case, never called them for status or infopass. Took them about 4.5 years.
Here are our dates for those interested in tracking.
PD: Jan 29, 2004, EB2
Ohio labor approved - Oct 2004
45 day letter - Jan 2005
Labor approved from Dalla BEC - June 2006
I I140 regular, non concurrent approved - Sept 2006
I 485 sent to Nebraska - July 13 2007
EAD approved - Oct 2007
I485 approval email - June,06, 2008
No RFE at any stage, straight forward case, never called them for status or infopass. Took them about 4.5 years.
Here are our dates for those interested in tracking.
PD: Jan 29, 2004, EB2
Ohio labor approved - Oct 2004
45 day letter - Jan 2005
Labor approved from Dalla BEC - June 2006
I I140 regular, non concurrent approved - Sept 2006
I 485 sent to Nebraska - July 13 2007
EAD approved - Oct 2007
I485 approval email - June,06, 2008
hairstyles short quotes about dreams
bobzibub
03-18 10:45 PM
Nixstor did explained his actions and I concur... Controversial handles should be banned... Handle "TALIBAN" was banned and same member opened new handle "TAWLIBANN" saying his name is Tawlibann Foggs...
Anyway we should close this issue.. I do find tawlibann's posts decent and non-offensive.. Only thing is we need to practice some respect to the communitity when chosing a handle... Its just not this.. there could be potentially other offensive handles.. So I'd say there should be a step/check in registration process to monitor/regulate handles... You won't like any handle offending your religious beliefs, dis-respecting your nation or humanity itself...
Just my 2 cents... We should stop this discussion and focus on immigration issues...
:D
Anyway we should close this issue.. I do find tawlibann's posts decent and non-offensive.. Only thing is we need to practice some respect to the communitity when chosing a handle... Its just not this.. there could be potentially other offensive handles.. So I'd say there should be a step/check in registration process to monitor/regulate handles... You won't like any handle offending your religious beliefs, dis-respecting your nation or humanity itself...
Just my 2 cents... We should stop this discussion and focus on immigration issues...
:D
Libra
06-13 10:33 AM
Yaar JohnAmit.........they are making fun of those who are crying about cheap labor and immigration system....they created it for fun.
I have seen this same footage months ago and to it don't look real, its cooked. Some facts there are just un-digestible like the gora guy will take job of a waiter immediately after working as senior exec. cmon market is not that bad unless he don't know anything else and don't have ability to get other similar job, then he should be fired anyways. and then that carlos guy, his dress up don't seems convincing that other execs will give me good response after presentation. its all cooked... showing 600k+ numbers are all bogus.
I have seen this same footage months ago and to it don't look real, its cooked. Some facts there are just un-digestible like the gora guy will take job of a waiter immediately after working as senior exec. cmon market is not that bad unless he don't know anything else and don't have ability to get other similar job, then he should be fired anyways. and then that carlos guy, his dress up don't seems convincing that other execs will give me good response after presentation. its all cooked... showing 600k+ numbers are all bogus.
krishnam70
02-19 08:26 AM
1 - It will grant GC to people with > 5 years in US
2 - For EB skilled immigration for people with <5 years in US, it makes LC process more difficult.
Please add your views about this bill, how it might be improved and its chances of becoming a law.
P.S. I previously misread the text somewhere. This bill just eliminate H1B classification for fashion models.
There is already a thread open by DVB on this forum. Can you please check if there is a thread open already before you open a new one. Just a suggestion so the observations of the members are all consolidated in one thread rather than spread over.
cheers
kris
2 - For EB skilled immigration for people with <5 years in US, it makes LC process more difficult.
Please add your views about this bill, how it might be improved and its chances of becoming a law.
P.S. I previously misread the text somewhere. This bill just eliminate H1B classification for fashion models.
There is already a thread open by DVB on this forum. Can you please check if there is a thread open already before you open a new one. Just a suggestion so the observations of the members are all consolidated in one thread rather than spread over.
cheers
kris



No comments:
Post a Comment