miami75
07-02 10:27 PM
Here is my contribution Google Order #920441777988850
wallpaper Mavericks contest 2010 - waves
bestia
01-19 01:28 PM
...
I did argue about the scenario if I ended up losing my passport and vital documents, which is why I had made copies. He shook his head and repeated the same - NO PHOTOCOPIES OF OFFICIAL US IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS FOR PERSONAL USE.
....
Presenting copies of your documents to government officials is not PERSONAL use. You could argue that. Personal use is if you would be playing monopoly with copies of your documents with your friends. But if you make a copy of US document for the intent to present to US official and not to misrepresent the original document, it is not "personal use" and it is not illegal. That's why lawyers are suggesting making and having copies.
I did argue about the scenario if I ended up losing my passport and vital documents, which is why I had made copies. He shook his head and repeated the same - NO PHOTOCOPIES OF OFFICIAL US IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS FOR PERSONAL USE.
....
Presenting copies of your documents to government officials is not PERSONAL use. You could argue that. Personal use is if you would be playing monopoly with copies of your documents with your friends. But if you make a copy of US document for the intent to present to US official and not to misrepresent the original document, it is not "personal use" and it is not illegal. That's why lawyers are suggesting making and having copies.
yabadaba
09-10 12:10 PM
So are you coming then?
Thanks.
yes
Thanks.
yes
2011 Mavericks Surf Contest®.
gc28262
06-11 09:36 AM
resent it !
more...
whitecollarslave
01-18 08:06 PM
By law, you are not suppose to make copies of an official US document.
Where did you get this information from?
Where did you get this information from?
User00
06-22 12:54 PM
And wait for RFE.
USCIS is asking for COLOR copies of DL and passport.
Can you please provide the link ?
I refered to USCIS website but did not find a mention of copies of DL.
PLease advise.
Thanks
USCIS is asking for COLOR copies of DL and passport.
Can you please provide the link ?
I refered to USCIS website but did not find a mention of copies of DL.
PLease advise.
Thanks
more...
neoneo
09-26 10:47 PM
senthil1 makes more sense then this!
I don't know who senthil1 is, nor do i care. If you nothing to reply please don't waste white space. My comments are not to stir up arguments but an observation.
I don't know who senthil1 is, nor do i care. If you nothing to reply please don't waste white space. My comments are not to stir up arguments but an observation.
2010 May 2011 middot; April 2011
gc_chahiye
12-21 01:04 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you've had unexpired H1B while you were out of work. This is not considered unlawful presence. On top of that, violation of status determination can be done only by the USCIS (IO). If they did not inform you that you violated status, you are good to go.
correct. out of status != unlawful presence.
So being out of status for >180 days does not trigger the 3 year ban. Either USCIS must make the determination that you are out of status, or your original period of authorized stay (I-94 date) must expire.
however being out of status >180 days since your last entry into the US is problematic for your adjustment of status.
correct. out of status != unlawful presence.
So being out of status for >180 days does not trigger the 3 year ban. Either USCIS must make the determination that you are out of status, or your original period of authorized stay (I-94 date) must expire.
however being out of status >180 days since your last entry into the US is problematic for your adjustment of status.
more...
GCBy3000
07-13 12:27 AM
Dear friend, I agree with you on this one if she had done it on July 3rd or 4th and not later. It is for mere publicity and I have heard several bad things about her in the past. May be she is very knowledgeable in the immigration laws, but if the knowledge is not used in the right way then it is not going to help the society.
People, I think it is best we not doubt the intentions of anybody willing to speak on our behalf. It is a critical hour and we will take all the help we need. Murthy could've just not sent the letter and kept quiet. What would you say to that ? What do you say to other lawyers who have not even done this simple thing of writing a letter to Chertoff ?
Atleast she's not trying to add millions of hits to her website by writing sensational news every hour, unlike some other lawyers :)
I think she deserves a "Thank you" for this nice gesture.
Full Disclosure : My lawyer is not Murthy. I have spoken with her once long time ago and decided not to go with her for other reasons.
People, I think it is best we not doubt the intentions of anybody willing to speak on our behalf. It is a critical hour and we will take all the help we need. Murthy could've just not sent the letter and kept quiet. What would you say to that ? What do you say to other lawyers who have not even done this simple thing of writing a letter to Chertoff ?
Atleast she's not trying to add millions of hits to her website by writing sensational news every hour, unlike some other lawyers :)
I think she deserves a "Thank you" for this nice gesture.
Full Disclosure : My lawyer is not Murthy. I have spoken with her once long time ago and decided not to go with her for other reasons.
hair The 2009/2010 Mavericks Surf
delax
07-13 10:48 AM
everybody ..I think 70% of green card filers know that Murthy is money maker and does not help our community much at all...
she is just making up to show to world that she is doing some help for us..
we still have to appreciate her efforts tahts all.
MONEY MAKER - who isnt a money maker. Welcome to the world of Capitalism. I dont think any of us are in a position to comment on whether she helps our community or not. Here is a fact - On her call last week she mentioned that the Murthy Law Firm is one of the biggest financial contributor to AILF - who by the way are ready to file the class action lawsuit. If the lawsuit is successfull and given AILF's funding source - will you exclude yourself from the potential benefit because Murthy's funds were used to support the litigation - who's piggybacking now :)
Again - Its not one against the other - Please bear in mind the DUE PROCESS of LAW has been violated by USCIS resulting in a curtailment of your substantive rights (EAD, Parole, AC21 etc). I would not care who fights on my behalf so long as the outcome is to correct the earlier mistake.
she is just making up to show to world that she is doing some help for us..
we still have to appreciate her efforts tahts all.
MONEY MAKER - who isnt a money maker. Welcome to the world of Capitalism. I dont think any of us are in a position to comment on whether she helps our community or not. Here is a fact - On her call last week she mentioned that the Murthy Law Firm is one of the biggest financial contributor to AILF - who by the way are ready to file the class action lawsuit. If the lawsuit is successfull and given AILF's funding source - will you exclude yourself from the potential benefit because Murthy's funds were used to support the litigation - who's piggybacking now :)
Again - Its not one against the other - Please bear in mind the DUE PROCESS of LAW has been violated by USCIS resulting in a curtailment of your substantive rights (EAD, Parole, AC21 etc). I would not care who fights on my behalf so long as the outcome is to correct the earlier mistake.
more...
BharatPremi
07-13 10:23 AM
To those guys:
Who are against Ms Murthy or any other law firms please educate yourselves before start whining. I am not going into more detail but I think Delax has fairly explained... Some entities may be working in the background for our cause and can not go public about their activities... You would say how do you know? For that you will have to learn the art of "Reading between the lines" .. And if you can not do that please shut your mouths. Everybody is playing their parts fairly.
Who are against Ms Murthy or any other law firms please educate yourselves before start whining. I am not going into more detail but I think Delax has fairly explained... Some entities may be working in the background for our cause and can not go public about their activities... You would say how do you know? For that you will have to learn the art of "Reading between the lines" .. And if you can not do that please shut your mouths. Everybody is playing their parts fairly.
hot surf contest at Maverick#39;s
Almond
07-05 01:50 PM
1) Moderators have the ability to delete stuff and the rest of the IV members need to smart up and not answer off-topic questions
2) About PMs. It is up to the receiver of the PM whether to answer it or not. EVEN better NO PM for non paid members :)
Oh, you are just mean now!:p
I think there should be a big a** button on the top of this screen that says "donations for immigration causes" or whatever and those who feel they can afford to do it will do it, otherwise making paid membership a requirement will severely cut down on the number of people coming on here. Makes no difference to me, there is tons of forums like this online. This is my favorite so far though.
2) About PMs. It is up to the receiver of the PM whether to answer it or not. EVEN better NO PM for non paid members :)
Oh, you are just mean now!:p
I think there should be a big a** button on the top of this screen that says "donations for immigration causes" or whatever and those who feel they can afford to do it will do it, otherwise making paid membership a requirement will severely cut down on the number of people coming on here. Makes no difference to me, there is tons of forums like this online. This is my favorite so far though.
more...
house Mavericks Big Wave Surf
mdcowboy
06-10 07:42 PM
sent it to my friends too..this bill is ridiculous!:mad:
tattoo Still waiting for the 2011
immi2006
09-26 10:22 AM
Do you think Lawyers used the rally to further their business and had IV as a front to project that as a H1 CAP increase ?
1) Lawyers would not do anything for free
2) At the very best - we need to have another rally in Silicon Valley to highlight
our cause with immeiate Effect, otherwise, folks can twist it as H1 rally.
We will have to explicity state Rally for
Green Cards for tax paying professionals !
What do you all think ? - Do u think we can mobilise folks for this saturday ?
We need to keep the momentum high in public than in Blogs and IV site,.
1) Lawyers would not do anything for free
2) At the very best - we need to have another rally in Silicon Valley to highlight
our cause with immeiate Effect, otherwise, folks can twist it as H1 rally.
We will have to explicity state Rally for
Green Cards for tax paying professionals !
What do you all think ? - Do u think we can mobilise folks for this saturday ?
We need to keep the momentum high in public than in Blogs and IV site,.
more...
pictures 2010 Surf Contest.
joeshmoe
08-16 02:30 PM
Gurus ...
How do you know if your namecheck is done or not? Can you just call USCIS and ask???
How do you know if your namecheck is done or not? Can you just call USCIS and ask???
dresses the Mavericks surf contest
eb3India
07-01 10:26 PM
Hi guys techmia just created his ID and he must be from other side of the aile who just want see us as failure, please ignore these post and keep faith, remeber always we are legal and we follow law, this land is suppose to be land of law and no one is above it. if there is in justicse IV should fight with out fear, our strength is in our integrity and faith that we did;nt anything wrong and we should not be afraid of anything
more...
makeup 4th Annual Surf Video Contest
Dhundhun
07-13 02:18 AM
the date is July 8th 2008 and NOT 2007 as you mentioned. July 8th 2008 is when USCIS submitted the list to the State Department regarding the demand for visa numbers. please do not confuse this with July visa bulletin developments of last year.
Thanks immique. I am correcting it.
Thanks immique. I am correcting it.
girlfriend Mavericks Surf Competition
bskrishna
07-03 01:32 PM
AFAIK, this does not work for people who are already in the US. One has to work in their native or different county to be eligible for the EB1 managerial position here. Some one might have sneaked away this way at some time. But this is definitely not happening on a large scale as EB1 is current for all countries for quite some time. If a lot of folks are getting away, EB1 cannot be current for long time.
Agree that there are not many. The companies that do them, typically do not sponsor for GC that often (comparing the H,L nos to their GC nos).
Agree that there are not many. The companies that do them, typically do not sponsor for GC that often (comparing the H,L nos to their GC nos).
hairstyles Mavericks Surf Contest
greencard_fever
07-28 03:55 PM
yawn...
rolls over to the other side of bed...
yawn again...
turns over pillow to the cooler side...
yawn again..
dreams of this thread getting closed because it is absolutely worthless ... crap .. twas just a dream :D
Yawn...
Please close this thread..
Big Yawn..
rolls over to the other side of bed...
yawn again...
turns over pillow to the cooler side...
yawn again..
dreams of this thread getting closed because it is absolutely worthless ... crap .. twas just a dream :D
Yawn...
Please close this thread..
Big Yawn..
laksmi
01-18 07:00 PM
Even a Traffic police can ask for approve H1 copy along with Driver license.
Thanks
Thanks
ewana
08-22 10:38 PM
Hi, I hope somebody helps in my dilemma.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.



No comments:
Post a Comment