Thinking about sex
Riv's post on men's obsession with sex hit it right on the head. As did Paul the King's post on the right way to think about sex. As men, we should be creative, interesting, inquisitive, and physically fit. What advice would you give to a woman who had an eating disorder? The most likely answer would be "Stop going on about it, dear, and have an apple instead of those butter-laden croissants." Similarly, incremental improvements in one's lifestyle and behaviour can lead to building up attraction with women, but those improvements should be for their own sake, not with some sort of Holy Grail of pussy in mind.
§Conference Conversations, et cetera
So yesterday night, dog-tired from a week of work and moving, I head out with the intention of buying some fruit, scoffing it down, and going to sleep for the night. No particular intention of game, just a chap tired from moving house going to a store. Anyway, I see this woman staring at a tree, and I just go up and ask her why.
She turns out to be a pleasant conversationalist, a scientist visiting for some sort of climate change conference. A bit on the older side (I'd say 27-32). She asks me where I am going. "To buy some fruit", I reply truthfully (and hence confidently), and she's ready to accompany me on my fruit-buying spree. However, this is a town in Midwestern America where yelling "fruit" at any given street corner will get you no produce, but plenty of (il)liberal gay rights activists intent on suing your pants off. But we continue walking, and I can tell she wants me to lead, to take her somewhere to give her experiences she's never had before. She's kino-ing me too (surprising), grabbing my arm during playful arguments.
Obviously, she's not American. A Mexican, who's pretty fascinated by me. I don't know why people find me fascinating, might have something to do with the fact that I am conversationally fluent in three languages, and trying to learn a fourth (Spanish), and have basically lived by myself since I was 17. I don't know many places in this area, though, and I can't suggest a good bar to get a drink, or a particular garden to go to that's a bit more private. I also make mistakes in the conversational thread, qualifying myself to her rather than the other way round.
Finally, she says she has to go to Street X, and I ask her if she wants to come back to my house. It's a stupid move, born out of desperation to get a same-night lay. Roissy or Roosh could have handled this much better, venue bounced her a couple of times, then gone for the kill. She refuses, but gives my arm a squeeze before she asks my name. "Ancalgon". "Marina", she says. "It was really, really nice talking to you".
Forward to today morning, I go out, have breakfast, strike up a conversation with the guy at the local coffee shop. I then walk around the university buildings for a bit, and talk to another guy, who asks me what I do. He invites me in for this swanky climate change convention reception, which I half suspect is the same conference Marina was going to yesterday, and walk in.
After talking for a while to random people from different countries, I notice her walking in my direction. "Hi! What are you doing here?", she exclaims, and proceeds to introduce me to her coworker who's also presenting. I attend one of their seminars later, and as a real scientist, I must say climate change research is one of the easiest fields to get into and travel the world basically asking people questions. Should have jumped on the bandwagon. Anyway, it doesn't lead to anything in particular.
As I'm walking through the Uni lawns after the conference, I open a cute girl sitting under a tree and get her number (Meh, I suspect college girls give out their numbers pretty easily. Nevertheless, most of my previous number closes have generally turned into first dates, so I don't really know.)
§As I come home, with that strange tired feeling that I get after approaching (must be the hormones that are released when a human being is under stress – I am often pretty scared when I'm approaching), I reflect on the fact that I often perceive these actions such as qualifying, teasing, asking a girl out for drinks, et cetera as some sort of tactics, and am consequently worried that they will be "seen through" by the sort of intellectual girl I really desire. I often tend to forget that girls want you to do these things, that they do not (REPEAT not) want to be asked for sex in a straight and direct manner (mostly), and that they will probably regard a lot of these actions as perfectly natural ones. Even my ex-girlfriend, who was a raging intellectual, used to respond perfectly well to basic Game principles, teasing, and kino, and only left me when I went all beta on her. I need this beaten into my head. Hard.



No comments:
Post a Comment