
khushig
09-05 02:07 PM
I along with many more are graduating every year and filing for there OPT. Few students are lucky, as they are able to find corporate employers (not desi's) who would sponsor H1. But for others, time is the constraint so they have to find alternatives. Hence for most OPT students the option is to look for desi employers.
I feel the problem that employers (small to midsize) are not educated about H1 B process. If this happens most of the problems will be solved. But for now with so many students graduating every semester, the only option is to go through desi employers, which in a way is not a bad idea (when you think long term).
There are many sites that provide valuable information.
www.desiopt.com is one of the many sites that helps students in this matter.
www.Sulekha.com also provides information on some good companies.
I feel the problem that employers (small to midsize) are not educated about H1 B process. If this happens most of the problems will be solved. But for now with so many students graduating every semester, the only option is to go through desi employers, which in a way is not a bad idea (when you think long term).
There are many sites that provide valuable information.
www.desiopt.com is one of the many sites that helps students in this matter.
www.Sulekha.com also provides information on some good companies.
wallpaper hot I LOVE YOU QUOTES FOR HER
cygent
03-23 10:18 PM
How do you know if labor is EB2 or EB3?
Hello all,
How do you determine if the category is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!
Hello all,
How do you determine if the category is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!

va_labor2002
07-25 07:08 AM
JCMenon,
I totally agree with your attitude and thinking. There is nothing wrong to request this issue to USCIS. It won't hurt us ! They will realize the magnitude of the issue and may do something to convinse the lawmakers.
We should definietly try this,even if the outcome may be failure !
Good Luck.
We can not file for 485 that is the reason we need to let our voices heard to USCIS, it may be waste of time for some one but at least it would be worth a try.
We did try a lot with S1932, outcome zero.
We did try a lot with CIR, outcome zero.
When so potentially yielding means(S 1932 and CIR) can fail in a same way USCIS option may also fail, but at least we know that we tried this option.
If stuck labor says it is a waste of time (No offence taken), I am not going to buy his arguement, just because he is a super moderator. maximun he can ban me from the site, but I donot worry of voicing my openion for an issue that I think might work out.
Lets do an openion poll and decide how many are in favor of this.
I totally agree with your attitude and thinking. There is nothing wrong to request this issue to USCIS. It won't hurt us ! They will realize the magnitude of the issue and may do something to convinse the lawmakers.
We should definietly try this,even if the outcome may be failure !
Good Luck.
We can not file for 485 that is the reason we need to let our voices heard to USCIS, it may be waste of time for some one but at least it would be worth a try.
We did try a lot with S1932, outcome zero.
We did try a lot with CIR, outcome zero.
When so potentially yielding means(S 1932 and CIR) can fail in a same way USCIS option may also fail, but at least we know that we tried this option.
If stuck labor says it is a waste of time (No offence taken), I am not going to buy his arguement, just because he is a super moderator. maximun he can ban me from the site, but I donot worry of voicing my openion for an issue that I think might work out.
Lets do an openion poll and decide how many are in favor of this.
2011 i love you quotes for her.
akilhere
10-12 03:42 PM
Hi 'akilhere',
You should go for new medical report as last one is too old. For vaccinations, you can use your last report but for TB and other blood test, you should go for recent.
I'm not sure whether RFE would be for medical report. In my case, my civil surgeon was not in USCIS's current list of authorised civil surgeons and somehow, my x-ray report was missing from report also.
It may be EVL. In either case, it is easy work as you have not changed your employer (no AC-21 issue).
I got the RFE. Its says that the civil surgeon did not attach the copy of the radiologist report to form I-693. It needs the report on an official letterhead.
It also says that I don't need to take another medical exam for this.
I've contacted the Doctor's office and asked them for the same. Did you get the same RFE?
Thanks,
You should go for new medical report as last one is too old. For vaccinations, you can use your last report but for TB and other blood test, you should go for recent.
I'm not sure whether RFE would be for medical report. In my case, my civil surgeon was not in USCIS's current list of authorised civil surgeons and somehow, my x-ray report was missing from report also.
It may be EVL. In either case, it is easy work as you have not changed your employer (no AC-21 issue).
I got the RFE. Its says that the civil surgeon did not attach the copy of the radiologist report to form I-693. It needs the report on an official letterhead.
It also says that I don't need to take another medical exam for this.
I've contacted the Doctor's office and asked them for the same. Did you get the same RFE?
Thanks,
more...
ppt.b
06-11 11:49 AM
...

willgetgc2005
04-20 05:11 PM
If there si anyone form Cisco, can you please post this info in Cisco masala mailing list ?
I will send my phone number as pm.
I will send my phone number as pm.
more...
neoarch
12-23 10:24 AM
Hi all,
I reached US on H4 visa with my husband 6 months ago. I have been working in an IT firm back in India. Now my husband's contract got extended and it seems like we will be here for some years. I don't want to waste my career by simply sitting at home. I have searched through many job sites and I got many calls from desi consultants. Many of them are asking me to change the resume as I have only 2 yrs of experience. By reading thorugh all the forums and articles I am aware of the traps of desi consultants.
I do not want to show any fake experience. All these consulting firms are saying that I won't get any job here without changing my resume.. :(
I just want to know your humble opinion about the options I can try. Is it impossible to get through with 2 yrs of experience? Please share your thoughts on it. I feel very sad thinking about my career. :(
I reached US on H4 visa with my husband 6 months ago. I have been working in an IT firm back in India. Now my husband's contract got extended and it seems like we will be here for some years. I don't want to waste my career by simply sitting at home. I have searched through many job sites and I got many calls from desi consultants. Many of them are asking me to change the resume as I have only 2 yrs of experience. By reading thorugh all the forums and articles I am aware of the traps of desi consultants.
I do not want to show any fake experience. All these consulting firms are saying that I won't get any job here without changing my resume.. :(
I just want to know your humble opinion about the options I can try. Is it impossible to get through with 2 yrs of experience? Please share your thoughts on it. I feel very sad thinking about my career. :(
2010 i love you quotes for him from
ramus
07-02 08:15 PM
Yes it is fine.. Thank you so much..
Please ask others to contribute..
Ramus,
I did that in the afternoon but the GOOGLE status is showing "In Process"
is that okay ? Here are the details :-
Order Details - Jul 2, 2007 2:22 PM EDT
Google Order #669480843461078
Thx,
Diptam
Please ask others to contribute..
Ramus,
I did that in the afternoon but the GOOGLE status is showing "In Process"
is that okay ? Here are the details :-
Order Details - Jul 2, 2007 2:22 PM EDT
Google Order #669480843461078
Thx,
Diptam
more...

bestofall
07-30 12:13 PM
URGENT UPDATE: HR5882 scheduled for tomorrow - PLEASE CALL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House Immigration Sub-Committee is planning on mark up Congresswoman Lofgren's recapture bill tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon in her subcommittee. This is an extremely IMPORTANT development. We are hoping that an agreement reached such that there is no party line vote on this effort. As such all members are requested to PLEASE PLEASE call the following members on the subcommittee requesting them to support Lofgren's recapture bill H.R.5882.
Majority Members (Democrats)
Member Name DC Phone
Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL) 202-225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-CA) 202-225-4695
Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) 202-225-3816
Maxine Waters (D-CA) 202-225-2201
Bill Delahunt (D-MA) 202-225-3111
Linda T. Sanchez (D-CA) 202-225-6676
Artur Davis (D-AL) 202-225-2665
Keith Ellison (D-MN) 202-225-4755
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) 202-225-6616
Minority Members (Republicans)
Member Name DC Phone
Steve King (R-IA) [Ranking Member]202-225-4426
Elton Gallegly (R-CA) 202-225-5811
Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) 202-225-5431
Dan Lungren (R-CA) 202-225-5716
J. Randy Forbes (R-VA) 202-225-6365
Louie Gohmert (R-TX) 202-225-3035
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House Immigration Sub-Committee is planning on mark up Congresswoman Lofgren's recapture bill tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon in her subcommittee. This is an extremely IMPORTANT development. We are hoping that an agreement reached such that there is no party line vote on this effort. As such all members are requested to PLEASE PLEASE call the following members on the subcommittee requesting them to support Lofgren's recapture bill H.R.5882.
Majority Members (Democrats)
Member Name DC Phone
Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL) 202-225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-CA) 202-225-4695
Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) 202-225-3816
Maxine Waters (D-CA) 202-225-2201
Bill Delahunt (D-MA) 202-225-3111
Linda T. Sanchez (D-CA) 202-225-6676
Artur Davis (D-AL) 202-225-2665
Keith Ellison (D-MN) 202-225-4755
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) 202-225-6616
Minority Members (Republicans)
Member Name DC Phone
Steve King (R-IA) [Ranking Member]202-225-4426
Elton Gallegly (R-CA) 202-225-5811
Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) 202-225-5431
Dan Lungren (R-CA) 202-225-5716
J. Randy Forbes (R-VA) 202-225-6365
Louie Gohmert (R-TX) 202-225-3035
hair i love you this much quotes.
SunnySurya
07-28 11:39 AM
Obviously, you are trying to incite religious feelings. What are getting at , take up arms and start hurting our neighbors.
It is not the need of the hour, nor this forum is the place to express those needs.
By the way, I also heard about the blast in Turkey, Iraq , a shoting in TN etc..
If everyone start following your advice, soon instead of asking for a green card, we would need to ask for a ration card.
I think this blog is stating fact. You did not hear 23 blasts in 24 hrs 50 killed. If not, then God Bless You. It is a need of hour for Hindus to wake up from there deep slumber.
It is not the need of the hour, nor this forum is the place to express those needs.
By the way, I also heard about the blast in Turkey, Iraq , a shoting in TN etc..
If everyone start following your advice, soon instead of asking for a green card, we would need to ask for a ration card.
I think this blog is stating fact. You did not hear 23 blasts in 24 hrs 50 killed. If not, then God Bless You. It is a need of hour for Hindus to wake up from there deep slumber.
more...
srkamath
07-13 05:12 PM
They adjudicated lot more 485s than 25 K last year. This massive adjudication was the reason behind threatened withdrawal of July 07 bulletin.
Yes, they can do a lot more than 25 k in 2 months.
EB2 folks, please get prepared for RFEs - a few possibilities.
1. Medicals, outdated physicals, PPD positive etc.
2. Passport expired since applying for I-485 last summer.
3. Father's or Mother's name misspelled.
4. DOB discrepancies.
5. Translations of documents
6. Find those old pay-stubs, bank records, W2s, I-20s
7. Google yourself and your spouse.
Yes, they can do a lot more than 25 k in 2 months.
EB2 folks, please get prepared for RFEs - a few possibilities.
1. Medicals, outdated physicals, PPD positive etc.
2. Passport expired since applying for I-485 last summer.
3. Father's or Mother's name misspelled.
4. DOB discrepancies.
5. Translations of documents
6. Find those old pay-stubs, bank records, W2s, I-20s
7. Google yourself and your spouse.
hot i love you quotes tumblr. i
dannyypk
02-22 11:52 PM
Is that mean if eb2 India will move, eb-3 ROW will become current? As eb-2 already used up its quota, and eb-1, eb2 eb4 and eb-5 ROW should go to eb-3 ROW becasue THE COUNTRY QUOTA FOR EB2 INDIA ALREADY USED UP.
more...
house ps i love you quotes. ps i

masouds
02-16 10:16 PM
If the Africans had just continued to abide by slavery, they would never have gotten their freedom, just because, "it's the American policy."
I hate to break my own promise to shut up on this, and I hate to be your history teacher: African slaves in US didn't become free because they fought with their owners. They became free since President Lincoln decided that slavery had gone on a bit too long.
When european immigrants walked into this continent and started hacking natives, they had firearm, they had the aggression and they had the numbers on their side. Which one of these do you (or we) have?
Let's stop debating this, since this issue isn't going to be resolved here; You either get the next president/congress to abolish this part of immigration law, or ask the courts to force the government to do what you like.
I hate to break my own promise to shut up on this, and I hate to be your history teacher: African slaves in US didn't become free because they fought with their owners. They became free since President Lincoln decided that slavery had gone on a bit too long.
When european immigrants walked into this continent and started hacking natives, they had firearm, they had the aggression and they had the numbers on their side. Which one of these do you (or we) have?
Let's stop debating this, since this issue isn't going to be resolved here; You either get the next president/congress to abolish this part of immigration law, or ask the courts to force the government to do what you like.
tattoo i love you emo quotes.

gjoe
09-19 11:14 AM
Good work everybody , you guys have made this rally a great success.
I brought up this issue of standing out a legal immigrants in one of my posts, but most of them in the forum said they wanted to wear the IV T-Shirt.
I can help with things to do with psychology or mass communication, please feel free to contact me through PM if you need my services. I am not a trained professional but it is my hobby since a long time.
QUOTE=gjoe;157591]I would agree with idea of dressing professionally. We need not carry laptops and stuff like that but a neat formal dress would send out a clearer and bolder message about skilled immigrants.
We are a small crowd ( legal immigrants) we have to differentiate ourselves, the least we can do is dress formally. Formal dressd, organized and well behaved crowd will garner lot of attention (the right kind) and serve the purpose (of the rally).
Thanks,
PS: All this advice is based on my knowledge about human mind and social psychology.[/QUOTE]
First, I would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to the success of the DC rally on Sep 18, 2007...
I was there and I am proud of our ImmigrationVoice members for this FANTASTIC effort!
We are just starting and taking baby steps with these kind of activities...So, anything I mention below is not a critic, but a humble feedback/opinion...Please don't get offended.
1. We must immediately change our name to LegalImmigrationVoice.org( LIV.org)...But still Immigrationvoice.org should work....This should be done ASAP...like within next week...Please conduct a poll for this ASAP.
2. We must/should always wear formal suits for these kind of rally....this would definitely give us a very high status and definitely there will not be any confusion if the rally is by legal or illegal immigrants. Even if it is hot summer, we must stick to this dress code...
3. In all the signs we had today, we need to have one line clearly in bold as "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" - bold and clear..
Also, all our T-shirts should have
"Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" in the back
4. One of the rally participants told me that a guide was telling a tourists bus passengers quote "these folks are illegal immigrants...", the rally participant who heard this went to the guide and explained that we are legal immigrants...if you think the guide is not smart enough to read our signs and understand that we are legal immigrants, read next point...
5. On the rally route, one gentleman, who was dressed in suit, looked well educated came up to me and asked what we are concerned about...I told him that green card process for Legal Immigrants is taking between 5-10 years and we are requesting to expedite it.....so it is clear that all our signs need this text at the bottom "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants"
We cannot be perfect the first or second time....Lets learn from this rally....
A pat in the back to all those who attended the rally....
Good Luck
I brought up this issue of standing out a legal immigrants in one of my posts, but most of them in the forum said they wanted to wear the IV T-Shirt.
I can help with things to do with psychology or mass communication, please feel free to contact me through PM if you need my services. I am not a trained professional but it is my hobby since a long time.
QUOTE=gjoe;157591]I would agree with idea of dressing professionally. We need not carry laptops and stuff like that but a neat formal dress would send out a clearer and bolder message about skilled immigrants.
We are a small crowd ( legal immigrants) we have to differentiate ourselves, the least we can do is dress formally. Formal dressd, organized and well behaved crowd will garner lot of attention (the right kind) and serve the purpose (of the rally).
Thanks,
PS: All this advice is based on my knowledge about human mind and social psychology.[/QUOTE]
First, I would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to the success of the DC rally on Sep 18, 2007...
I was there and I am proud of our ImmigrationVoice members for this FANTASTIC effort!
We are just starting and taking baby steps with these kind of activities...So, anything I mention below is not a critic, but a humble feedback/opinion...Please don't get offended.
1. We must immediately change our name to LegalImmigrationVoice.org( LIV.org)...But still Immigrationvoice.org should work....This should be done ASAP...like within next week...Please conduct a poll for this ASAP.
2. We must/should always wear formal suits for these kind of rally....this would definitely give us a very high status and definitely there will not be any confusion if the rally is by legal or illegal immigrants. Even if it is hot summer, we must stick to this dress code...
3. In all the signs we had today, we need to have one line clearly in bold as "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" - bold and clear..
Also, all our T-shirts should have
"Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" in the back
4. One of the rally participants told me that a guide was telling a tourists bus passengers quote "these folks are illegal immigrants...", the rally participant who heard this went to the guide and explained that we are legal immigrants...if you think the guide is not smart enough to read our signs and understand that we are legal immigrants, read next point...
5. On the rally route, one gentleman, who was dressed in suit, looked well educated came up to me and asked what we are concerned about...I told him that green card process for Legal Immigrants is taking between 5-10 years and we are requesting to expedite it.....so it is clear that all our signs need this text at the bottom "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants"
We cannot be perfect the first or second time....Lets learn from this rally....
A pat in the back to all those who attended the rally....
Good Luck
more...
pictures i love you quotes. Silentwave

va_labor2002
07-24 09:23 AM
I just posted this very question on the website above. I hope it gets selected for the chat
rpatel, Can you please talk to IV core members about this issue ? Please call them and explain your point.
Any comments from logiclife or any other IV core team ? we should send a webfax to USCIS director immediately.
rpatel, Can you please talk to IV core members about this issue ? Please call them and explain your point.
Any comments from logiclife or any other IV core team ? we should send a webfax to USCIS director immediately.
dresses why i love you so much quotes.

sri1309
02-19 11:46 AM
My assesment is not based on any single case. If this comes as law then people who are here for more than 5 years will get gc immeditely. Because of that backlog will be reduced and waiting time also will be reduced for others those who are here less than 5 years and they will also get GC. Anyhow this bill will not be taken unless CIR is introduced
Senthil, well said.
Those hardworking folks under < 5 years:
We went thru this for more than 5 years and we dont want you to be in that. It wasnt a pleasure. So support this fully and once people with >5 years are cleared (note that its not counted in any quota.. which is good too.. ), then all these cases will just disappear from the waiting lists and you will suddenly see current dates as recent as 2008. Also in the parallel track people get their GCs as they cross 5 years.
Senthil, well said.
Those hardworking folks under < 5 years:
We went thru this for more than 5 years and we dont want you to be in that. It wasnt a pleasure. So support this fully and once people with >5 years are cleared (note that its not counted in any quota.. which is good too.. ), then all these cases will just disappear from the waiting lists and you will suddenly see current dates as recent as 2008. Also in the parallel track people get their GCs as they cross 5 years.
more...
makeup i love you friendship quotes.

grinch
03-14 02:55 PM
I'm kind of dissapointed people are voting due to realistic proportions... I wanted people to vote on artistic show
girlfriend why i love you quotes for him.
WillIBLucky
12-28 12:31 PM
For Detroit you can use http://miindia.com.
Thanks Pappu.
IV members :
Need help !! .. finding regional web sites. As an example
atlantadesi.com in Atlanta.
I have listed cities below , can IV members help find regional web site of the cities below, then we can post in the sites .. We need to take these action items with a SENSE OF URGENCY, just like we MADE CALLS in Lame duck. PREPARATION IS IMPORTANT, INCREASING MEMBERSHIP WILL HELP SOLVE MANY PROBLEMS APART FROM FUNDING.
LET'S COMPLETE THIS EFFORT ASAP.
I am bumping this thread , with a classified in atlantadesi.com
Cities ,I am looking for most popular regional web sites.
1)New York
2)Los Angeles
3)Chicago
4)Houston
5)Philadelphia
6)Phoenix
7)San Antonio
8)San Diego
9)Dallas
10)San Jose
11)Detroit
12)Indianapolis
13)Jacksonville
14)San Fransisco
15)Columbus
16)Austin
17)Memphis
18)Baltimore
19)Fort Worth
20)Charlotte
21)El Paso
22)Milwaukee
23)Seattle
24)Boston
25)Denver
26)Luisville
27)Washington
28)Nashville
29)Las Vegas
30)Portland
31)Oklahoma City
32)Tuscon
Thanks Pappu.
IV members :
Need help !! .. finding regional web sites. As an example
atlantadesi.com in Atlanta.
I have listed cities below , can IV members help find regional web site of the cities below, then we can post in the sites .. We need to take these action items with a SENSE OF URGENCY, just like we MADE CALLS in Lame duck. PREPARATION IS IMPORTANT, INCREASING MEMBERSHIP WILL HELP SOLVE MANY PROBLEMS APART FROM FUNDING.
LET'S COMPLETE THIS EFFORT ASAP.
I am bumping this thread , with a classified in atlantadesi.com
Cities ,I am looking for most popular regional web sites.
1)New York
2)Los Angeles
3)Chicago
4)Houston
5)Philadelphia
6)Phoenix
7)San Antonio
8)San Diego
9)Dallas
10)San Jose
11)Detroit
12)Indianapolis
13)Jacksonville
14)San Fransisco
15)Columbus
16)Austin
17)Memphis
18)Baltimore
19)Fort Worth
20)Charlotte
21)El Paso
22)Milwaukee
23)Seattle
24)Boston
25)Denver
26)Luisville
27)Washington
28)Nashville
29)Las Vegas
30)Portland
31)Oklahoma City
32)Tuscon
hairstyles i love you quotes and.

sanjaymm
11-17 05:00 PM
I got a confirmation that my request for information has been put on a complex track.
actaccord
02-07 03:58 PM
donate 25000 Hilton points (accumulated for future vacation use but this is more important :-) ) , worth one night stay close to DC (10miles) or two night stay (25 miles from DC). This stay can be shared by 2 or 3 ppls. Also, I can take care of picking you from hotel to DC and back to hotel.
amsgc
07-13 11:25 PM
I read somewhere that now all the applications - 485/EAD/AP, for one particular applicant, are adjudicated by the same officer. This is a new process change to improve efficiency. I think the article I read indicated that it was already working that way at TSC.
Unfortunately, i don't have the link, but I will post it if i come across it.
Wow.. you think people on the 485 production line are the ones who also do EAD's or get pulled out to do EAD work, nice simple thinking ! :p
The ones who adjudicate EAD's are usually rookie IO's recently from training or IIO's lent to the service center for emergencies, like last year when officers were flown in from disctrict offices during the surge to NSC for adjudicating EAD within 90 days...in addition to transferring to EAD apps to CSC.
I-485 CAO's are usually the most experienced adjudicators.
Unfortunately, i don't have the link, but I will post it if i come across it.
Wow.. you think people on the 485 production line are the ones who also do EAD's or get pulled out to do EAD work, nice simple thinking ! :p
The ones who adjudicate EAD's are usually rookie IO's recently from training or IIO's lent to the service center for emergencies, like last year when officers were flown in from disctrict offices during the surge to NSC for adjudicating EAD within 90 days...in addition to transferring to EAD apps to CSC.
I-485 CAO's are usually the most experienced adjudicators.



No comments:
Post a Comment