Friday, May 6, 2011

Even Rocky Had a Montage… | killmytv

What I really need right now is a montage.  Why?  Well, to speed me through these weeks of waiting to hear back from publishers, and to allow me to skate, seemingly effortlessly, above the grueling work required to achieve physical fitness and weight loss.  To fast-forward to the aftermath to see what decision I made about moving.  Instead of biting my nails and checking for email from my agent every 36 milliseconds, instead of howling and screeching with every sit-up and leg press or dithering about uprooting my household, pets and furniture, I want to just "yeah, yeah, yeah" my way to the results… but only if they're good.

Alternatively, I guess a medically induced coma and some sort of contraption rigged to work my muscles while I snore untroubled through the hard part could work.

These are the thoughts I have while I'm in the shower.  Brilliant, I tell ye.  But short of psychedelic drugs or a slip and fall with a sharp knock to the noggin, neither of these options is likely to be realized.  I'll just have to continue the business of living, even with such big concerns looming over my head.

You'd think I'd be used to nail-biting after three years in the pits with my mother's mortality the pendulum swinging ominously above.  The endless dread of what's next, exhaustion, perseverance… my family managed it and survived.  It's like that purposely agonizing Philip Glass composition in the movie Koyaanisqatsi… never reaching equilibrium or finding closure.

It doesn't get easier.  I could use a distraction, truth to tell, but TV's out of the question, so perhaps a nice load of laundry (argh!), some errands (meh) and then a walk in the sunshine.  Such is life without a movie editor. Email Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment