paskal
07-16 06:18 PM
only the media can do this for us
they like exposes' don't they?
now how can we get them interested
would the nyt reporter that wrote a story on Numbers USA be interested in a follwo up on their tactics?
they like exposes' don't they?
now how can we get them interested
would the nyt reporter that wrote a story on Numbers USA be interested in a follwo up on their tactics?
wallpaper The Player Info of Boston
Jaime
09-12 05:19 PM
Talk to us! What is preventing you from attending??? Let's GO! Let's do this!!!!
HawaldarNaik
12-10 01:46 PM
I expect things to be more transparent from February onwards (note month of Feb), that is because i beleive that the new leadership will ensure that there is a transparency in the whole process rather than a lottery like approach to the dates.
Also i beleive the whole GC process will be more professional giving folks like us much much more respect than what the current approach is doing....
Also i beleive the whole GC process will be more professional giving folks like us much much more respect than what the current approach is doing....
2011 Boston Bruins 33 Zdeno Chara
needhelp!
02-03 12:33 PM
IV already has this as part of the agenda so why try to reinvent the wheel? Currently IV has requested our active involvement in trying to expand our member base to make our voice stronger.
We have professional help to analyze the current political situation to decide on the best course of action that will benefit all members. A lot of background work has to be done before IV can announce a call campaign or letter campaign.
Guys,
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time or few days in Washington, please PM me. our sole agenda is bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota...
We have professional help to analyze the current political situation to decide on the best course of action that will benefit all members. A lot of background work has to be done before IV can announce a call campaign or letter campaign.
Guys,
I know ROW country may not like this thread, but look at EB-3 India or China, put yourself in our shoes and than you may realize how unfair this country is. In this unprecedented financial turmoil, I feel there are very remote chances for CIR or any package which increase immigration etc would pass, I am taking this initiative to gather as many people I can and go to washington. Again this is not an IV effort. If you are with me , you can spare some time or few days in Washington, please PM me. our sole agenda is bring a 2 line bill to remove country quota...
more...
pitha
01-30 03:20 PM
I believe it is also illegal to work before getting a social security number. When you are on H4 you dont have a social security number (you have an itin which is not good enough for working). You will not get a social security number unless you have work authorization (i797). H1 will start only after october 1, so you can apply for social security number only after October 1 (i.e if you have i 797), it will take you about 4 to 7 weeks to get ssn. You can work only after getting the ssn. Somebody correct me if i wrong here.
One more thing about desi companies.
When you go from H4 to H1 or F1 to H1, you are legally allowed to work for your sponsor only after H1 approval (I-797) comes, not after the receipt notice comes. When you transfer H1s from company A to company B, you can start working as soon as the receipt notice for transfer petition is received. That is the law.
Now, since our dear desi employers are known to be greedy and also known to be comfortable in bending, breaking or ignoring the law, once they file for your H4 to H1 transfer, they would want you to start working right away. Forget about waiting for H1 approval notice, they are unlikely to wait even for the receipt notice. It would be illegal to work on H4 even if you have the receipt notice in your hands for H4 to H1 transfer.
However, they would want you to work, so that you can start generating the revenue for the company. (hey, it costs money to do your transfer and money doesnt grow on trees). And who's gonna know. Once you are a willing participant in this, you are not going to report it, they are not going to report it and the client (your project location) would not even know the difference between H1 and H4. And ICE has its hands full in busting illegals working in meat packing plants.
Now, that is not all. In order to cover up the fact that you were working (and on their payroll) while in H4 without waiting for H1 approval, they may pay you in checks other than payroll checks. Either as an expense check or something else(cash, money order etc). There is another law they are breaking in the process of covering up the immigration law violation. The tax laws. By not paying you on a regular payroll, they cannot deduct your income tax and the employer's payroll tax. So it would be "Off the books".
Anyways, clarify with them that you will not work until you see the original approval of I-797 in your hands. That way, you wont be dragged into this mud.
-------------------------------------------
PS
I am not advocating that anyone break any laws. I am just stating what I have known from this industry and the usual practices so that people can avoid getting into situations where they unknowingly break the laws due to their employers' greed. Also, I am not denigrating Desis or desi companies, I am myself an Indian.
One more thing about desi companies.
When you go from H4 to H1 or F1 to H1, you are legally allowed to work for your sponsor only after H1 approval (I-797) comes, not after the receipt notice comes. When you transfer H1s from company A to company B, you can start working as soon as the receipt notice for transfer petition is received. That is the law.
Now, since our dear desi employers are known to be greedy and also known to be comfortable in bending, breaking or ignoring the law, once they file for your H4 to H1 transfer, they would want you to start working right away. Forget about waiting for H1 approval notice, they are unlikely to wait even for the receipt notice. It would be illegal to work on H4 even if you have the receipt notice in your hands for H4 to H1 transfer.
However, they would want you to work, so that you can start generating the revenue for the company. (hey, it costs money to do your transfer and money doesnt grow on trees). And who's gonna know. Once you are a willing participant in this, you are not going to report it, they are not going to report it and the client (your project location) would not even know the difference between H1 and H4. And ICE has its hands full in busting illegals working in meat packing plants.
Now, that is not all. In order to cover up the fact that you were working (and on their payroll) while in H4 without waiting for H1 approval, they may pay you in checks other than payroll checks. Either as an expense check or something else(cash, money order etc). There is another law they are breaking in the process of covering up the immigration law violation. The tax laws. By not paying you on a regular payroll, they cannot deduct your income tax and the employer's payroll tax. So it would be "Off the books".
Anyways, clarify with them that you will not work until you see the original approval of I-797 in your hands. That way, you wont be dragged into this mud.
-------------------------------------------
PS
I am not advocating that anyone break any laws. I am just stating what I have known from this industry and the usual practices so that people can avoid getting into situations where they unknowingly break the laws due to their employers' greed. Also, I am not denigrating Desis or desi companies, I am myself an Indian.
waitin_toolong
10-03 01:52 PM
that is the only ption to continue L status..but remember u can not use h1b ..and u have to apply again for h1b in next year quota....
wrong there, once counted against cap she is exempt for 6 years. she can use this approval if working for same employe get it stamped and enter on H1 any time. Or apply for COS with any other employer sponsoring H1.
To answer the original questions only two options.
1) depart and reeneter using L1
2) apply for COS (but a long process)
wrong there, once counted against cap she is exempt for 6 years. she can use this approval if working for same employe get it stamped and enter on H1 any time. Or apply for COS with any other employer sponsoring H1.
To answer the original questions only two options.
1) depart and reeneter using L1
2) apply for COS (but a long process)
more...
jainnidhi26
03-11 09:59 AM
Is there any acco/carpool available near REAGAN INTERNATIONAL ??
2010 NHL hockey jerseys Boston
newbie09
08-05 07:57 PM
Need help!!!
I'm in US on L1 with company A, company B filed for H1B in Apr'09, H1 is not yet approved, and my L1 is also expiring in Nov'09. Since I'm not sure if I will get H1 approved, I have applied for L1 extension with company A.
My question is:
1. What will happen if I get H1 approved before Oct'09? Will I have to leave Company A and start working for compay B (H1) from 1st Oct even when L1 extension is in process?
2. If L1 extension is approved before 1st Oct, will I be able to continue working for comapny A, even if my H1 is approved?
Basically I don't want to be out of status or do anything against visa rules.
Please guide me on this situation.
I'm in US on L1 with company A, company B filed for H1B in Apr'09, H1 is not yet approved, and my L1 is also expiring in Nov'09. Since I'm not sure if I will get H1 approved, I have applied for L1 extension with company A.
My question is:
1. What will happen if I get H1 approved before Oct'09? Will I have to leave Company A and start working for compay B (H1) from 1st Oct even when L1 extension is in process?
2. If L1 extension is approved before 1st Oct, will I be able to continue working for comapny A, even if my H1 is approved?
Basically I don't want to be out of status or do anything against visa rules.
Please guide me on this situation.
more...
Macaca
09-26 12:38 PM
Don't Drag India into everything!
Please, Have an open mind. Don't make statements like this.
IV has people from across the globe and each country has its own issues. We are trying to deal with the issues in the US and lets focus on that and not drag in other countries as examples (good or bad).
Thanks for saying it. Please do not hesitate to say it again and again and again ..., for
To sin by silence
when they should protest
makes cowards of men
Abraham Lincoln
Please, Have an open mind. Don't make statements like this.
IV has people from across the globe and each country has its own issues. We are trying to deal with the issues in the US and lets focus on that and not drag in other countries as examples (good or bad).
Thanks for saying it. Please do not hesitate to say it again and again and again ..., for
To sin by silence
when they should protest
makes cowards of men
Abraham Lincoln
hair Maybe you like these. NHL
walking_dude
11-03 11:16 AM
We need more IV members to send FOIA request. Just 100-200 is insufficient. We need at least 1000 FOIA requests in queue to make our case.
If you haven't, send ASAP. If you have get your friends, relatives, coworkers, neighbors etc to send the requests as well. Anyone can send it, it's not limited to 485 applicants.
If you haven't, send ASAP. If you have get your friends, relatives, coworkers, neighbors etc to send the requests as well. Anyone can send it, it's not limited to 485 applicants.
more...
WeldonSprings
02-13 05:12 PM
By ensuring that Indians do not get H-1 B visas and don't require their services; the US Government is building Trade Barriers in terms of Indian Goods sold there!!!
WE DO NOT WANT COLGATE, VICKS, COCA-COLA AND PEPSI IN INDIA. THROW THEM OUT! THEY REMIND ME OF BRITISH EAST INDIA COMPANY!!!
Skilled immigrant not mucho good googling....:D
The Indian Consulate, New York, provides information on the relevant
Visas. It appears you will have to apply for an Employment Visa. There
is detailed information on the page and a Visa Application Form. I
note there is also a Journalists Visa which is for three months. I
don?t know if this is applicable to your situation.
This is some of the relevant information.
EMPLOYMENT VISA: Employment visas are initially issued for one-year
stay. A copy of the contract with the employer has to be enclosed.
Kindly note that Employment Visa is given only for jobs that require
very high level of skills and expertise. This can be extended by
Foreigners Regional Registration Office in India, if the job contract
continues. Spouses and children are granted co-terminus entry visas on
request.
http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=23
WE DO NOT WANT COLGATE, VICKS, COCA-COLA AND PEPSI IN INDIA. THROW THEM OUT! THEY REMIND ME OF BRITISH EAST INDIA COMPANY!!!
Skilled immigrant not mucho good googling....:D
The Indian Consulate, New York, provides information on the relevant
Visas. It appears you will have to apply for an Employment Visa. There
is detailed information on the page and a Visa Application Form. I
note there is also a Journalists Visa which is for three months. I
don?t know if this is applicable to your situation.
This is some of the relevant information.
EMPLOYMENT VISA: Employment visas are initially issued for one-year
stay. A copy of the contract with the employer has to be enclosed.
Kindly note that Employment Visa is given only for jobs that require
very high level of skills and expertise. This can be extended by
Foreigners Regional Registration Office in India, if the job contract
continues. Spouses and children are granted co-terminus entry visas on
request.
http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=23
hot Boston Bruins 33 Chara Winter
singhsa3
03-05 07:08 PM
Thank You Kutra and Pegaus03
I will keep folks posted on the direction this campaign is taking.
I will keep folks posted on the direction this campaign is taking.
more...
house Boston Bruins 33 Chara 2011
nomi
12-11 03:12 PM
First someone from IV core has to confirm that this rule change does not need congress action. I am sure the core has explored this option before.
Until then, there is no point in having any discussion on this.
Can someone from IV core team confirm this "this rule change does not need congress action." ???
If we don`t talk about here then how does core team know aobut it ??
Anyway i will wait from core team about it. I don`t know either this rule come under USCIS OR Department of State ??
thx.
Until then, there is no point in having any discussion on this.
Can someone from IV core team confirm this "this rule change does not need congress action." ???
If we don`t talk about here then how does core team know aobut it ??
Anyway i will wait from core team about it. I don`t know either this rule come under USCIS OR Department of State ??
thx.
tattoo 2011 Stanley Cup Finals Boston
needhelp!
11-25 06:25 PM
I got the same reply. Its standard when they send you your case number.
Here's my case Number: NRC2008065126
Here's my case Number: NRC2008065126
more...
pictures 2011 BOSTON BRUINS Team Signed
jonty_11
07-11 03:41 PM
Previously, the policy was that all worldwide numbers would fall down into worldwide third and then from there, fall across to the countries impacted by retrogression (i.e. India, China). The policy was recently clarified and today the unused numbers are allocated within the same preference classification.
Can you provide the source of this info? a link or something?
Can you provide the source of this info? a link or something?
dresses Item #109460. Reebok NHL
n_2006
10-22 03:51 PM
You guys arguing bettern than respective campaign managers. Seems we are deep into american politics even though we can not vote. I can watch MSNBC and CNN 24 hrs.
Not very sure about immi. policies but any logical thinker can not support republicans. Mccain says country first which is utter lie. He would not have picked that VP if he really thinks about country.
Do you really believe what that website says? Seriously? You don't think that's a little to targeted towards pulling our heartstrings? With no solid action plan to back it up? Just like a hooker ad on the freeway?
John McCain does NOT know how to use a computer. That webpage has been designed, scripted and QA'd to specifically get that reaction from you.
The Republicans have been using this tactic for the past 8 years. They pretend to cater to your needs and then leave us shortchanged. Eg. WMD. Terrorism. Did that benefit us, really? Do you feel safer? Or do you feel just about the same except that gas has gone up about 300%, food 200%, unemployment 5%, housing market crumbled and economy about to "crater"?
Have you had a look at the candidates' actions though? Barack has been realistic and truthful so far. He's went a gotten a good VP to back up any inexperience he may have. He's been addressing issues at hand, and I can't really fault him for ignoring the immigration scene when the financial scene has gotten so bad.
McCain has been a total disaster. Sarah Palin? Really? At McCain's age, if anything untoward happens to him, she'll be your president. She'll be taking care of the mortgage sector and finance on wall street. All those companies the govt bailed out? Yes, she'll be taking responsibility for all those. Is that really where you want to spend your GC life in?
On top of that, McCain has been acting erratic and weird. He's suspended his own campaign, gotten his crowd so rowdy that he got himself booed by his supporters, refused to look at Obama in a debate... is that how a maverick works? Is that how a tried and tested veteran behaves?
And then he's done the Bush thing again. Flat out lied to everyone to benefit himself. See David Letterman's case, where he stood the poor host up.
Folks, look at the BIGGER picture, and not your own selfish needs. There is no point getting a GC to a land that was not the one you had in mind.
Not very sure about immi. policies but any logical thinker can not support republicans. Mccain says country first which is utter lie. He would not have picked that VP if he really thinks about country.
Do you really believe what that website says? Seriously? You don't think that's a little to targeted towards pulling our heartstrings? With no solid action plan to back it up? Just like a hooker ad on the freeway?
John McCain does NOT know how to use a computer. That webpage has been designed, scripted and QA'd to specifically get that reaction from you.
The Republicans have been using this tactic for the past 8 years. They pretend to cater to your needs and then leave us shortchanged. Eg. WMD. Terrorism. Did that benefit us, really? Do you feel safer? Or do you feel just about the same except that gas has gone up about 300%, food 200%, unemployment 5%, housing market crumbled and economy about to "crater"?
Have you had a look at the candidates' actions though? Barack has been realistic and truthful so far. He's went a gotten a good VP to back up any inexperience he may have. He's been addressing issues at hand, and I can't really fault him for ignoring the immigration scene when the financial scene has gotten so bad.
McCain has been a total disaster. Sarah Palin? Really? At McCain's age, if anything untoward happens to him, she'll be your president. She'll be taking care of the mortgage sector and finance on wall street. All those companies the govt bailed out? Yes, she'll be taking responsibility for all those. Is that really where you want to spend your GC life in?
On top of that, McCain has been acting erratic and weird. He's suspended his own campaign, gotten his crowd so rowdy that he got himself booed by his supporters, refused to look at Obama in a debate... is that how a maverick works? Is that how a tried and tested veteran behaves?
And then he's done the Bush thing again. Flat out lied to everyone to benefit himself. See David Letterman's case, where he stood the poor host up.
Folks, look at the BIGGER picture, and not your own selfish needs. There is no point getting a GC to a land that was not the one you had in mind.
more...
makeup Zdeno Chara Boston Bruins 2011
chanduv23
09-27 11:04 AM
Well - though white racists may oppose - anything related to economy and development does go through.
I personally think that if this proposal goes through - EU will be the next melting pot.
Racism is there everywhere, we find it in US also, even in India, you find caste system and inter state racism. With rising opportunities, such things may not really be visible especially in places where there are free zones.
Does anyone has more info on this?
I personally think that if this proposal goes through - EU will be the next melting pot.
Racism is there everywhere, we find it in US also, even in India, you find caste system and inter state racism. With rising opportunities, such things may not really be visible especially in places where there are free zones.
Does anyone has more info on this?
girlfriend Boston Bruins #33 Zdeno Chara
pbuckeye
02-12 03:06 PM
What advertisement? I was just trying to see if there was any truth in "he who shall not be named" 's assumption. I am convinced of the facts now, which was the point to begin with. Does every post have to be part of an agenda (too much Zee TV watching )?
thanks to kumarc123 for bringing some comic relief to this wound up thread.
P.S. The Zee TV bit was a joke, I am not an advertiser for that channel as well.
thanks to kumarc123 for bringing some comic relief to this wound up thread.
P.S. The Zee TV bit was a joke, I am not an advertiser for that channel as well.
hairstyles NHL jerseys Boston Bruins #46
Almond
07-05 02:38 PM
I am neither taking shots at you nor pointing fingers at you. Its not about old timers or new comers. I hope it will not take for ever for you to be convinced that your favorite website needs contributions from every one
OK, I understand what you're telling me. In an earlier post I mentioned that I can understand how someone who's been here a while and has a certain tie to this place can justify spending money on it and perhaps at a certain point I will as well-just not right now on my second day of posting, and yes I understand now that it does more than just provide a venue for us to communicate. Please don't use "forever" when I am waiting for my GC, :( say "a little bit longer":)
OK, I understand what you're telling me. In an earlier post I mentioned that I can understand how someone who's been here a while and has a certain tie to this place can justify spending money on it and perhaps at a certain point I will as well-just not right now on my second day of posting, and yes I understand now that it does more than just provide a venue for us to communicate. Please don't use "forever" when I am waiting for my GC, :( say "a little bit longer":)
Sakthisagar
06-11 10:46 AM
Thank You for doing this, Great work.
Sent two times yesterday and today after the change in the content.
May GOD Bless
Sent two times yesterday and today after the change in the content.
May GOD Bless
rayoflight
08-10 01:58 PM
GK,
I think you do have a point. Let me do some research and contact some attorneys as well on this. Will also check with the IV leadership on their thoughts on this point.
Cheers,
Rayoflight
I think you do have a point. Let me do some research and contact some attorneys as well on this. Will also check with the IV leadership on their thoughts on this point.
Cheers,
Rayoflight



No comments:
Post a Comment