bibs
05-11 02:45 AM
Thanks Morchu.
I will go ahead and will apply EAD with $180/ as filing fee.
I will go ahead and will apply EAD with $180/ as filing fee.
wallpaper Aphrodite was the goddess of
abhijitp
02-18 01:05 PM
I didn't receive any confirmation from USCIS regarding interfiling.
I have been trying to know this too... is interfiling guaranteed to work?? Or have there been examples it just got lost in the pile of applications at USCIS?
Sorry to hear about your situation. Experts, please try to help bmeduru11!
I have been trying to know this too... is interfiling guaranteed to work?? Or have there been examples it just got lost in the pile of applications at USCIS?
Sorry to hear about your situation. Experts, please try to help bmeduru11!
raysaikat
09-13 03:56 PM
Hello,
I have a question about obtaining and O-1 visa (or possibly EB-1 Green Card). I did hire an attorney , but would like another look at the situation.
I am a musician, about 2 months after the end of OPT, presently in USA, with a PhD and many awards so I should qualify for O-1.
Unless you have won a grammy or a similar award, you do not necessarily qualify. Here are the requirement from USCIS:
1. Nomination for and/or recipient of significant national or international awards or prizes in his/her field (e.g. Academy, Emmy, Grammy, or Director’s Guild Award)
OR
• At least three of the following apply to him/her:
o Performed a lead, starring or critical role for organizations and establishments of distinguished reputation.
o A record of major commercial or critically acclaimed success.
o Received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in the alien’s field.
o Commands/ed high salary or other remuneration for services as compared to others in the alien’s field.
o Other comparable evidence
Aliens in the Motion Picture or TV Industry
The type of evidence that is required to establish “extraordinary achievement” in the motion picture or TV industry is in some ways similar to the type of evidence submitted to show “extraordinary ability” in the arts. The standard that must be met, however, is higher. To establish “extraordinary ability in the arts” it is enough to show a high level of achievement. For “extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or TV industry” a very high level of accomplishment is required.
When you file your petition, you must try to provide evidence of as many categories as possible. Usually the point is that what you have achieved is not *usual*. E.g., *winning* an assistantship in your graduate school does not count.
As advised, I needed an employer to sponsor the visa. My attorney suggested that Part-time is not recommendable at all. I researched and could not find if the position need to be necessarily Full-time? I have only a part time job currently and many freelancing opportunities.
Also, since the nature of my profession is freelancing (meaning I need to perform, teach...on many different places), can I be self-employed for O-1?
O-1 is the employer's petition, not yours. So you do need to have an employer. However, if you can prove that your field is traditionally self-employed, then you can have a US agent. I do not know what is a US agent; ask your lawyer.
We already filed the petition for O-1 (with the part-time employer as a sponsor) and the current status is: Additional Information/Proof Needed. We still don't have the letter stating what is needed, but I worry it's not a good sign. What do you think?
And lastly, IF it happens that O-1 is not approved, can I still apply for EB-1 Green Card?
Thank you for your answers!
EB-1 petition (assuming it is the EB-1A) standards are as follows. They are very similar to O-1 and stricter, however, legally EB1-A requirements are independent of O-1 requirement (i.e., you cannot argue that if your O-1 is approved, then EB1-A must also be approved with the same set of evidences):
Aliens with extraordinary ability are those with "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation." You must be one of "that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor," to be granted this classification. For example, if you receive a major internationally recognized award, such as a Nobel Prize, you will qualify for an EB-1 classification. Other awards may also qualify if you can document that the award is in the same class as a Nobel Prize. Since few workers receive this type of award, alternative evidence of EB-1 classification based on at least three of the types of evidence outlined below, is permitted. The worker may submit "other comparable evidence" if the following criteria do not apply:
Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence;
Membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members; [It is not sufficient to be a member of an organization where you are member just by the virtue of your profession, or just because you cared to apply]
Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
Evidence that the alien has judged the work of others, either individually or on a panel; [Grading your student's work does not count! If you are a judge in American Idol, Project Runway, etc., those would definitely count]
Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field;
Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
Evidence that the alien's work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations;
Evidence that the alien commands a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field;
Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts.
I have a question about obtaining and O-1 visa (or possibly EB-1 Green Card). I did hire an attorney , but would like another look at the situation.
I am a musician, about 2 months after the end of OPT, presently in USA, with a PhD and many awards so I should qualify for O-1.
Unless you have won a grammy or a similar award, you do not necessarily qualify. Here are the requirement from USCIS:
1. Nomination for and/or recipient of significant national or international awards or prizes in his/her field (e.g. Academy, Emmy, Grammy, or Director’s Guild Award)
OR
• At least three of the following apply to him/her:
o Performed a lead, starring or critical role for organizations and establishments of distinguished reputation.
o A record of major commercial or critically acclaimed success.
o Received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in the alien’s field.
o Commands/ed high salary or other remuneration for services as compared to others in the alien’s field.
o Other comparable evidence
Aliens in the Motion Picture or TV Industry
The type of evidence that is required to establish “extraordinary achievement” in the motion picture or TV industry is in some ways similar to the type of evidence submitted to show “extraordinary ability” in the arts. The standard that must be met, however, is higher. To establish “extraordinary ability in the arts” it is enough to show a high level of achievement. For “extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or TV industry” a very high level of accomplishment is required.
When you file your petition, you must try to provide evidence of as many categories as possible. Usually the point is that what you have achieved is not *usual*. E.g., *winning* an assistantship in your graduate school does not count.
As advised, I needed an employer to sponsor the visa. My attorney suggested that Part-time is not recommendable at all. I researched and could not find if the position need to be necessarily Full-time? I have only a part time job currently and many freelancing opportunities.
Also, since the nature of my profession is freelancing (meaning I need to perform, teach...on many different places), can I be self-employed for O-1?
O-1 is the employer's petition, not yours. So you do need to have an employer. However, if you can prove that your field is traditionally self-employed, then you can have a US agent. I do not know what is a US agent; ask your lawyer.
We already filed the petition for O-1 (with the part-time employer as a sponsor) and the current status is: Additional Information/Proof Needed. We still don't have the letter stating what is needed, but I worry it's not a good sign. What do you think?
And lastly, IF it happens that O-1 is not approved, can I still apply for EB-1 Green Card?
Thank you for your answers!
EB-1 petition (assuming it is the EB-1A) standards are as follows. They are very similar to O-1 and stricter, however, legally EB1-A requirements are independent of O-1 requirement (i.e., you cannot argue that if your O-1 is approved, then EB1-A must also be approved with the same set of evidences):
Aliens with extraordinary ability are those with "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation." You must be one of "that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor," to be granted this classification. For example, if you receive a major internationally recognized award, such as a Nobel Prize, you will qualify for an EB-1 classification. Other awards may also qualify if you can document that the award is in the same class as a Nobel Prize. Since few workers receive this type of award, alternative evidence of EB-1 classification based on at least three of the types of evidence outlined below, is permitted. The worker may submit "other comparable evidence" if the following criteria do not apply:
Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence;
Membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members; [It is not sufficient to be a member of an organization where you are member just by the virtue of your profession, or just because you cared to apply]
Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
Evidence that the alien has judged the work of others, either individually or on a panel; [Grading your student's work does not count! If you are a judge in American Idol, Project Runway, etc., those would definitely count]
Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field;
Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
Evidence that the alien's work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations;
Evidence that the alien commands a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field;
Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts.
2011 aphrodite goddess of love
Winner
04-23 12:46 PM
Raj,
Try to help if you can, if not just shut the **** up, only the person on the wrong side can feel the pain. He'll consult attorney anyways.
Hey Guys, I'm the OP. I'm not on the wrong side of the law, I was asking those "What if" questions to get more information on this subject and try to convince my employer to renew my H1B instead of using EAD.
Please don't start a fight here. Please try to respect each other in public forums.
Try to help if you can, if not just shut the **** up, only the person on the wrong side can feel the pain. He'll consult attorney anyways.
Hey Guys, I'm the OP. I'm not on the wrong side of the law, I was asking those "What if" questions to get more information on this subject and try to convince my employer to renew my H1B instead of using EAD.
Please don't start a fight here. Please try to respect each other in public forums.
more...
rupchikgulti
06-18 04:42 PM
We are planning to visit India in the month of November. We are looking to stamp our passport with H1B/H4 visas at Mumbai. How we can select appointment dates for the week of November 9 to November 13.
I have tried to look at VFS website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in) but not showing any dates after month of July...
Can anyone please help me?
Also, we are looking to stamp our passport the next day when we arrive in Mumbai. Do anyone know the good hotel near by embassy to stay?
I really appriciate your help.
Thank you.
Sahi jawab diya Saxena. Logon ko muft main hi sari information chahiye hoti hai. Kuch homework karo bhai.
I have tried to look at VFS website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in) but not showing any dates after month of July...
Can anyone please help me?
Also, we are looking to stamp our passport the next day when we arrive in Mumbai. Do anyone know the good hotel near by embassy to stay?
I really appriciate your help.
Thank you.
Sahi jawab diya Saxena. Logon ko muft main hi sari information chahiye hoti hai. Kuch homework karo bhai.
amulchandra
05-10 01:22 PM
Hi all,
I have been trying to get an appointment from Hyderabad consulate, AP, India for the past two days on 27th or 28th of May 2009.
When I check the availability, the website shows that 27 thru 29th of May are available for appointments. But after I create and save the application it doesn't take me to the page where I can select the appointment dates. We sent an email to VFS customer support but till now we did not receive any reply.We are two H1bs(myself and my husband) and two H4s(kids).
Did anyone get an appointment successfully ?
The entire process of H1b revalidation itself is a tormenting procedure. On the top of it VFS website is really annoying.Sorry for venting my frustration.
Can anyone please help me out and guide me through the process.
Thanks in advance
Amul
I have been trying to get an appointment from Hyderabad consulate, AP, India for the past two days on 27th or 28th of May 2009.
When I check the availability, the website shows that 27 thru 29th of May are available for appointments. But after I create and save the application it doesn't take me to the page where I can select the appointment dates. We sent an email to VFS customer support but till now we did not receive any reply.We are two H1bs(myself and my husband) and two H4s(kids).
Did anyone get an appointment successfully ?
The entire process of H1b revalidation itself is a tormenting procedure. On the top of it VFS website is really annoying.Sorry for venting my frustration.
Can anyone please help me out and guide me through the process.
Thanks in advance
Amul
more...
gconmymind
11-05 03:50 AM
Situation - During the month of July, I filed my 485 when all categories were current. Got my receipt too. Missed wife's application because her papers were not ready. Now priority dates have retrogressed again.
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
I am in almost the same boat, with the exception that my receipts have not arrived yet!! :mad:
Only saving grace is that I am EB2 and my priority date is May '04, so hoping the bulletin to be current for me in a few months so I can file for my wife..keeping my fingers crossed...
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
I am in almost the same boat, with the exception that my receipts have not arrived yet!! :mad:
Only saving grace is that I am EB2 and my priority date is May '04, so hoping the bulletin to be current for me in a few months so I can file for my wife..keeping my fingers crossed...
2010 aphrodite goddess of love
va_dude
03-31 01:11 PM
sorry to hear about ur situation.
but just a quick note, it is ridiculously expensive to have a child in this country without your wife being covered by med insurance. the costs can be too high. so try to get insurance for them asap.
good luck.
but just a quick note, it is ridiculously expensive to have a child in this country without your wife being covered by med insurance. the costs can be too high. so try to get insurance for them asap.
good luck.
more...
ajay
09-17 08:31 AM
I also was in the same situation when I came back from India and used AP.
hair Goddess of Love, Beauty,
FinalGC
04-28 09:00 AM
That is encouraging news, after heari ng all bad news of people getting stopped and being sent back........
more...
swo
07-21 04:15 AM
I am moving July 25th,07 from New York to Phoenix.
Which address I should to give attorney to File AOS.
She plan to file before July 31st,07.
But so far we didn't found Apartment in Phoenix.
Thanks in Advance.
You better check to see if you are invalidating your entire petition.
You may get denied if they determine that the job you are taking is not where you originally stated. I say this because, if you haven't even filed for AoS then you clearly can't be using AC21 portability at this stage.
Which address I should to give attorney to File AOS.
She plan to file before July 31st,07.
But so far we didn't found Apartment in Phoenix.
Thanks in Advance.
You better check to see if you are invalidating your entire petition.
You may get denied if they determine that the job you are taking is not where you originally stated. I say this because, if you haven't even filed for AoS then you clearly can't be using AC21 portability at this stage.
hot parts, Aphrodite
GCProbs
09-15 07:10 PM
Hi All,
I need an advise from IV folks..
here is my situation..
I've got my I-485 approved through company A (Future Employment) on 09-2010 (Case details: PD 06 I-140 AD 02 I-485 RD 07-2007 AD 09-2010). I've never worked for the Company A and my GC-sponsoring company is about to close any time. Since 01-2008 I've been working for company B in same/similar field and did not file AC-21. If I want to continue working for company B, do I have to file AC-21? Please let me know if I need to concern about any thing in future.
Since GC-Sponsoring company is going to close any time... So I cannot return back to that company...
Please advise me...
I need an advise from IV folks..
here is my situation..
I've got my I-485 approved through company A (Future Employment) on 09-2010 (Case details: PD 06 I-140 AD 02 I-485 RD 07-2007 AD 09-2010). I've never worked for the Company A and my GC-sponsoring company is about to close any time. Since 01-2008 I've been working for company B in same/similar field and did not file AC-21. If I want to continue working for company B, do I have to file AC-21? Please let me know if I need to concern about any thing in future.
Since GC-Sponsoring company is going to close any time... So I cannot return back to that company...
Please advise me...
more...
house collection, Aphrodite

ashkam
09-11 08:32 AM
In my case, my I-797 approval document itself specified which consulate I had to go to, which was Mumbai. In such a case, this consulate is notified of your H1B approval and you cannot go elsewhere for stamping. Of course, this was 8 years ago so things might have changed.
tattoo cartoon, Aphrodite
gc_chahiye
07-11 08:03 PM
What I dont understnad is that if they skipped security clearances on AOS applications to use up numbers..how does it imply taht they would have to eat crow and accept July application...Logic doesnt explain this,
They have alrady made teh blunder of skipping sec clearances...What they can now request is to go back and correct that mistake and ask that any and all applications in July be rejected so that they can do sec clearance on the ones they already used up/approved..
Does that make sense.?
I think the statement from Greg Siskind is that 'if they dont want to answer these questions about security clearance etc, the simplest way out is to accept the July Applications and get everyone off their back (irrespective of whether visa numbers are there or not).
One issue though is, even if they want to kill this controversy by accepting July applications, they need some face-saving way to do this about-turn. They cant say they are scared of an inquiry or a lawsuit. Settling the AILF lawsuit is probably that way out. Gettings AILF of their back, and will also stop senators and representatives from asking them uncomfortable questions...
They have alrady made teh blunder of skipping sec clearances...What they can now request is to go back and correct that mistake and ask that any and all applications in July be rejected so that they can do sec clearance on the ones they already used up/approved..
Does that make sense.?
I think the statement from Greg Siskind is that 'if they dont want to answer these questions about security clearance etc, the simplest way out is to accept the July Applications and get everyone off their back (irrespective of whether visa numbers are there or not).
One issue though is, even if they want to kill this controversy by accepting July applications, they need some face-saving way to do this about-turn. They cant say they are scared of an inquiry or a lawsuit. Settling the AILF lawsuit is probably that way out. Gettings AILF of their back, and will also stop senators and representatives from asking them uncomfortable questions...
more...
pictures Aphrodite- Goddess of Love amp; Beauty T-Shirt
immi_enthu
09-28 06:01 PM
i am in the same boat. receipt notice says Jul5 25 .. online september 15 ( I guess it is notice date)
when did your application reach USCIS. yes the online date is Notice Date.
when did your application reach USCIS. yes the online date is Notice Date.
dresses Goddess Of Love And Beauty
TeddyKoochu
04-22 03:42 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing this great news. Looks like E-E Relationship memo is not being applied.
more...
makeup Aphrodite the slideshow on the
ajaypr
04-13 11:25 AM
You can open up an IRA account with any of the brokerage firms like Scottrade, Fidelity or Ameritrade. You usually open up an IRA account first on their website or by visiting their offices in your area. Then contact your company's 401K provider to transfer your 401K amount to the new account directly. They usually would sent you a check in the name of your brokerage firm like Fidelity.As far as I know the check cannot be in your name coz then the IRA would tax the 401k amount and also charge an early withdrawal penalty.So make sure they transfer it directly to the brokerage firm. If things are not clear, you can always contact the customer service of your brokerage firm to help you or walk you through.But I also found that many times the customer service people are not up to the mark and may even provide you with wrong advice. So its better you call several times and speak with different customer service people at the brokerage firm and verify all the information.
I personally did not like the fact that your company is forcing you to sell your stocks and mutual fund in your 401K account. This is bad as you may occur losses because of the bad market scenario.
Thanks gcisadawg.
I do not think 1st option will work for me since I was told by my old company that I SHOULD move my 401 K.
I do not have any existing IRA account kindly provide more details how I can set it up & how long it take to set it up?
Thanks,
I personally did not like the fact that your company is forcing you to sell your stocks and mutual fund in your 401K account. This is bad as you may occur losses because of the bad market scenario.
Thanks gcisadawg.
I do not think 1st option will work for me since I was told by my old company that I SHOULD move my 401 K.
I do not have any existing IRA account kindly provide more details how I can set it up & how long it take to set it up?
Thanks,
girlfriend INFORMATION. Aphrodite
colorbones
10-05 01:40 PM
That's the good or bad news????
i won this program in 2003. i just got the hand written "adjust status" in my passport from immigration officer but i never got GC from them....:p
they give you a chance to live here legally and then they try to kick you out.
now.. i'm an illegal.. in U.S :confused:
that's why they call lottery :cool:
i won this program in 2003. i just got the hand written "adjust status" in my passport from immigration officer but i never got GC from them....:p
they give you a chance to live here legally and then they try to kick you out.
now.. i'm an illegal.. in U.S :confused:
that's why they call lottery :cool:
hairstyles goddess of love and eauty
ggc
08-16 04:44 PM
Recently received interview letter, scheduled for Sep,3rd.
1. My interview time is 8:15AM and my wife has at 8:45AM. Does it mean we should appear separately or can we go together?
2. Is I-140 approval copy required? Interview letter does not say anything about it.
3. My attorney is not coming since he is too far from my place. Can I take any local attorney? Does it require applying G-28 again?
1. My interview time is 8:15AM and my wife has at 8:45AM. Does it mean we should appear separately or can we go together?
2. Is I-140 approval copy required? Interview letter does not say anything about it.
3. My attorney is not coming since he is too far from my place. Can I take any local attorney? Does it require applying G-28 again?
GCBy3000
02-07 09:54 AM
You are not married to your job if you are in H1. This is my whole point to be in H1. I MAY BE WRONG.
If you are in H1 and having a PD of xxx date and if you decide to switch to another company by transferring your H1 into different position, you can still carry your PD with you for the new position eventhough it is totally different position. This is my understanding. If this is true, you can go up the ladder ifyou are in h1. If you invoke EAD and use 485, you cannot do this.
Only other way to do this when you are in EAD is to switch back to H1. Again, you should have left some time in your original 6 years of H1 to do this.
It is purely upto you to decide what do u want. If u r planning to stick with the same company that has your H1B, then no need to pursue EAD option. But if you are planning to get out of your current company and pursue different opportunity, then you can use ur EAD.
No matter what the status(H1B or EAD) you are in, you need to be employed in the same position or a similar position as in your Labor Certification. If your Labor Certification says you are a Programmer you cant be a Project Mgr in EAD. Till you get your GC, you are compulsorily married to your profession and title.
If you are in H1 and having a PD of xxx date and if you decide to switch to another company by transferring your H1 into different position, you can still carry your PD with you for the new position eventhough it is totally different position. This is my understanding. If this is true, you can go up the ladder ifyou are in h1. If you invoke EAD and use 485, you cannot do this.
Only other way to do this when you are in EAD is to switch back to H1. Again, you should have left some time in your original 6 years of H1 to do this.
It is purely upto you to decide what do u want. If u r planning to stick with the same company that has your H1B, then no need to pursue EAD option. But if you are planning to get out of your current company and pursue different opportunity, then you can use ur EAD.
No matter what the status(H1B or EAD) you are in, you need to be employed in the same position or a similar position as in your Labor Certification. If your Labor Certification says you are a Programmer you cant be a Project Mgr in EAD. Till you get your GC, you are compulsorily married to your profession and title.
haifromsk@yahoo.com
10-15 02:49 PM
I-9 is a USCIS document so i would guess it goes to uscis



No comments:
Post a Comment