Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #5:




This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


My pick for this week is Soul Thief,
by Jana Oliver. 

This is the sequel to The Demon Trapper's Daughter,
which I have yet to read,
but which is definitely up there on my TBR pile!

There are so many promising books to get to!!
Thanks to other blogs, I've heard
of these two books, looked them up on Amazon,
and just made up my mind that they
must be mine!!






Soul Thief
Jana Oliver
Trade Paperback, 320 pages
Published by St. Martin's Griffin
Expected Release Date:  August 30, 2011
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy


Synopsis


There has been a harrowing battle at the Tabernacle,
and Riley's boyfriend, Simon, has been
seriously injured.
Furthermore, many trappers are dead,
and an evil necromancer has taken her father's body
from its resting place,
in order to turn it into his slave for a year...

As Atlanta's demon population grows,
Demon Hunters are dispatched from
the Vatican itself...
and a Grade 5 demon is stalking Riley.

Hmmm.....this could be a problematic series for me.
I don't like anything related to horror,
and demons are heavy-duty denizens of Hell,
after all.

And yet....
if the good guys (or gals!) win, that's what matters
the most to me, really.

So I'm thinking that these books
might be fascinating reads!

I never have liked wimpy heroines,
and especially not in YA fiction!!



What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment