Monday, June 27, 2011

Bristol Palin on 'GMA': My Virginity Was "Stolen"

Bristol Palin on 'GMA': My Virginity Was "Stolen"

Now that her memoir, Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, has hit shelves, Bristol Palin is finally airing her true feelings about ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston. In an interview with Good Morning America on Monday, Palin addressed her shocking revelation that Johnston took her virginity while she was drunk for the first time, leaving her with no recollection of the event. In the words of her book, Bristol, 20, says she felt like her virginity was "stolen."

"I'm not accusing Levi of date rape, or rape at all, but I am just looking back with the adult eyes that I have now and just thinking that was a foolish decision." Palin told GMA's Robin Roberts. "I should have never been underage drinking and I should have never gotten myself into a situation like that."

Whether or not Palin put herself in a bad situation, we're pretty sure that if Johnston did indeed have sex with Bristol while she was drunk and unable to give her consent, that is the very definition of date rape. But, hey, we weren't there (thankfully), so we don't know what went down. Moving right along...

Determined to make things work with Johnston, Palin became engaged to him after she got pregnant with baby Tripp, now 2, then re-engaged a year after their first tumultuous breakup. Unfortunately, says Bristol, she found out that Levi had cheated on her the day the engagement hit the cover of Us Weekly.

"The magazine was released on a Wednesday nationwide, and on that Wednesday, Levi comes home and tells me that another girl might have his baby," Bristol relates. "That was definitely a punch to the stomach."

Even worse: she had isolated her entire family, and she couldn't clear things up with the press for two weeks because of an exclusivity clause with the magazine. "I had betrayed everyone who was important to me," she says of the short-lived engagement.

These days, Johnston isn't around so much -- by his own choice, says Bristol. And she doesn't have any reservations about bad-mouthing him (she calls him a "gnat" who is "constantly spreading false accusations against our family") because she doesn't think he'll be a major presence in Tripp's life.

"I don't know if Levi will be a big role model or in his life at all," she admits. "I'm not worried about it."

She's also not worried about her critics -- whether they're going after her for advocating teenage abstinence ("I hate the word abstinence," she admits) or making insinuations about her recent jaw surgery.

"It's like getting braces on your teeth. It's corrective surgery," she declares. "Whatever they say, it doesn't bother me. Especially something like that."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/bristol-palin-gma-my-virginity-was-stolen/1-a-360802

Cheryl Burke China Chow Chlo๋ Sevigny Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment